Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a one take. Its pretty crappy. I've only been playing for one year and am 13 years old. There are quite alot of timing problems and wrong notes but as I stated before it is a one take. Please don't be too harsh lol. Please rate it and give me some tips. Hope you enjoy:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/guykawkamusic.htm

Oh yah for those who don't know this song is by Michael Angelo Batio, and the song is also called Speed Kills. Enjoy.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
c'mon guys. Anyone please? I ned some feedback.

G

·
Hmmm ok I think you are doing great for your age and time playing.But you have to learn how to crawl before you can walk, and you're already trying to run!!

I heard some of your metallica covers, not bad at all but I would suggest that you master those before you even attempt something like no boundaries.

Once you master hammets solos, move on to maiden and so on.Becoming a really good guitarist takes alot of time.Eventually you will find out that even guys like angelo arent half as good as other players out there.Take your time and master the easy solos first.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the great advice.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
mate, considering how little time you have been playing you are doing brilliantly. I agree with kefta but seweing as you already have a handle on some pretty impressive techniques I would stick to trying to get those as clean and as precise as possible. Great take :thumb:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, I guess I wilkl stick to those techniques and try to polish em. thanks for the advice.

G

·
I think its really good, i agree with those guys to do some easier stuff and build it up, but i love that...not perfect, but for one year...wow...

EDIT-Also, the fast bits actualy sound better than the slow bits to me...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, that was because i learned the fast parts from tabs and the slow parts i made out by ear lol. thanks again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bump

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
come on guys...anyone? please...?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can someone please rate this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
GuyKawka said:
This is a one take. Its pretty crappy. I've only been playing for one year and am 13 years old. There are quite alot of timing problems and wrong notes but as I stated before it is a one take. Please don't be too harsh lol. Please rate it and give me some tips. Hope you enjoy:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/guykawkamusic.htm

Oh yah for those who don't know this song is by Michael Angelo Batio, and the song is also called Speed Kills. Enjoy.
hm....generaly i agree with the other people.for your age you play very well but its important to not take the wrong way..in my opinion if 1 simple note played good i mean with feel in vibrato or bend worth like a million other notes.my advise is for you ti find a good teacher because you have the talent or the patience..and remember bb king said:notes are expensive so spend them wisely:)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
great playing for your age & time learning, although ya never stop learning imo ;)

as the other guys have said already, I'd also add that instead of playing along to some of those tracks is to play along to some backing tracks and create some tracks of your own.
I think you would learn more if you were creating the songs by building up the parts than just learning solos, would be great to hear a complete track.

There are lots of goals which each of us has when playing but creating your own track is one of my main ones :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Dude, all other negative comments aside. I listened to a few of your other songs.
Kefka said to walk before you ran. But, I say at your young age run with what holds your interest!!!!!!! Otherwise you might give up like so many others. BUT!!! And remember this...... In a year or so after you have learned what you want. Go back, keep track, and learn the entire song and work on your chops. Master the song!!! You got it, just use it...........

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys, I'll keep that in mind

1 - 16 of 16 Posts