Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
G

·
Am i being dumb here, but the pickups in those pics looks like EMG HZs, i thought you said they were Duncans :S

Sorry if i am being dense, but please clear this up, it does look cool though.

Jelly

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jelly said:
Am i being dumb here, but the pickups in those pics looks like EMG HZs, i thought you said they were Duncans :S

Sorry if i am being dense, but please clear this up, it does look cool though.

Jelly
No no, you're not dumb. Good point there.
I'll explain. The Epi Zakk comes out with EMG HZ humbuckers on it (passives).
I changed those for Duncans. So the pictures are not precise my guitar. :notme:

But on the picture of El_jalepeno you see EMG' s and I think he replaced the stock HZ pups for active EMG's (81&85).
That' s what most people do: change the passive EMG's for actives.
That is the setup of Zakk Wylde himself.

So: good point there, Jelly

G

·
Cool, good to know, i thought maybe you had cased the duncans in the HZ shell, to keep the look or something, but then your point of it looking different would be weird...

Yeah, i have an ESP guitar with two EMG 81s, i want to change the neck for an 85, Zakk style, cause the 81 in the neck is too mushy, not enough push to carry off the neck position in my opinion :) I dunno what i'll do with the spare 81, but i need more money atm, to fuel the GAS....so i can't do it now.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic...

Jelly

·
Registered
235 Posts
rocker_71 said:
Pictures of my Epi LP Zakk Wylde.

I changed pickups to Duncans, so that look slight different, but isn't it a killer look?

And it plays like hell too! :rock: :icon_cool
Nice Axe, I wouldnt mind it Just Cream though :devilchil

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey rocker i also bought me an Epi Bullseye and i switched the passive emghz for active emg 81&85 and it sounds f#cking amazing. I think we must hit the stage with a band that we call Bullseye madness!!!!! :devilchil

·
Registered
499 Posts
wicked stuff man, but as my teacher said: after u try ibanez's all access necks u never wanna go back to a guitar with a stump at the neck joint :eek:oo:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Don't want to sound rude... But do you have actual pics of the guitar. Those pics have been pulled off the web... In fact, I use one of them for an avatar on another forum...

I would love to get my hands on one... But that is, right now, just a dream...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts