Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok fans of NWOBHM and early 80's Metal, I've opened this thread for you all and I'll post material to this thread often so keep checking:) Up first is the 1980 demo from the band, Black Rose :) I've got TONS more:) Maybe I'll post some demo material from, hmmm, Pretty Maids? Warlock? Ostrogoth? Trauma? Savage Grace? Witch Killer? We'll see... :rock:

Bet you never thought you would see any Leatherwolf demos?:)

BLACK ROSE - DEMO 1980

https://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=34JCE52XLL6XU0C2QXWNWOZ17R

Warlock - Iron Lady (Demos '83) (1 Track)

https://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3GWCH1M727Y763TLT1GICJGFHB

Pretty Maids - Bad Boy (Demo) (1 Track)

https://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1FD4AE42D3OQD3OIKL1TY2C5ZS

Leatherwolf - Season of the Witch (Demo) (1 Track)

https://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ZKJY55CTY9NU1AXCPYFYH6OJ5

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Hi there mate,

Not meaning to be a party pooper, but you do realise the Black Rose guitarist is currently registered as a Moderator on the site don't you (wahwah) ? They are back together and have a deal.

Might be worth checking with him first to see if he is OK with this. He should be, but you never know if it might be material they are intending in putting into a release !

:dunno:

:thumb:

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Before my time this one. This was the first demo they did after they changed thier name from ICE. Ken Nicholson on guitar...I replaced Ken when he went off and formed Holland who later became Hammer and then finally he formed Fast Kutz. The quality on these is a bit suspect but then that was always the thing about NWOBHM...the punk spirit.

I have a few unreleased "gems"...some from a live gig at The Dynamo Club in Eindhoven, Holland but again the quality isn't up to much. Here's one that was pre-Metallica but heavy as fuck. Came out on the Neat label on an EP called 'One Take No Dubs' and as the title suggests, it was all done live in one take.

If you like the stuff, please check out the new demo's in the original section and you can read more about the band at www.blackrose-rockband.co.uk

...as for Pretty Maids...they supported us in Leeds in 1983 I think! :scratch: My brain is old!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
mondola said:
And that, boys and girls, is why you should never believe anything that mondola tells you...

Cuz half of what he says is all bull, and the other half's all shit !!!

:doh:
:lol: Thanks for the heads up on it mate but this stuff is out there anyway. :thumb:

·
Registered
355 Posts
OMG you were in Black Rose..one of my favourite NWOBHM bands thanks for being so cool about the demos and stuff...some people are a bit funny bout that sort of stuff

P.S. I'll post cool NWOBHM too if wanted

·
Registered
355 Posts
How's an angelwitch Boot sound or a demo

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Thrasher said:
OMG you were in Black Rose..one of my favourite NWOBHM bands thanks for being so cool about the demos and stuff...some people are a bit funny bout that sort of stuff

P.S. I'll post cool NWOBHM too if wanted
You should check out www.hardrockin80s.com on a Friday night (9.00pm UK time...not sure what that makes it US?) Grinder ONLY plays NWOBHM for two hours...every band you've ever heard of...the biggest NWOBHM collection in the US.

No worries with the Black Rose stuff...but check out the NEW stuff!!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
355 Posts
wahwah said:
You should check out www.hardrockin80s.com on a Friday night (9.00pm UK time...not sure what that makes it US?) Grinder ONLY plays NWOBHM for two hours...every band you've ever heard of...the biggest NWOBHM collection in the US.

No worries with the Black Rose stuff...but check out the NEW stuff!!!! :thumb:
thanks i'll check that out

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi all:

Popped in during a recording break and I noticed there was a Leatherwolf demo at the start of this thread, so I thought you might be interested in two more.

Follow the link below to check out 2 demo songs I did with Leatherwolf. The songs are a few years old now, but hopefully they will get the new cd out as they are fabulous musicians (as well as extrememly nice guys, which is more important anyway!). Just remember...DEMO is the key word...they are ROUGH!

http://www.johnnylokke.com/demosongs.htm

Johnny
www.johnnylokke.com

·
Registered
495 Posts
To be honest...I am not sure...

Those bands I just listed were on the Iron Maiden family tree and even though I can't find any Iron Maiden with those singers on vocals...I would still like to hear what bands they ended up going to, so I can hear their vocals...

I have a MORE LP...I am trying to get a friend to transfer for me...but that's all I have...

If you have anything by any of those bands I would really appreciate it!
Thank you!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MEGA thanks for the 2 demo tracks of Leatherwolf:) More evidence that Leatherwolf KICKS ASS! Shit man, if the guitar riffs were used in wars as weapons, the war would be over in a second :jam:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts