Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Naifuzan vs dutchguitarfreak (10 votes to win)

• Naifuzan

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • dutchguitarfreak

Votes: 4 28.6%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,863 Posts
Sounds cool Naif, can't wait to hear Dutch's..........I wanted to ask you what you did to get the BT to line up with your playing. How many bars did you put in before teh BT starts. Everytime I try it, it always comes in a little too late or a little too early. :dunno:

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,863 Posts
Naifuzan said:
I didnt line it up. I recorded the intro separately. No click track or anything. That backing is WAY too fast to play the intro too. Doesnt sound good at all imho, so I said screw it. Recorded the intro the way I felt like it, then recorded to the backng and put it together.
That's what I thought I would have to do, thanks.

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,863 Posts
Went with Naif on this round, Dutch, your version was nice, but I guess I have heard this song so many times, I have a preconcieved notion of what I expect the song to sound like, and Naif's did it for me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Both great renditions of a cool tune.
Naifuzan truer to the original, but some original stuff from DGF.. :D

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,283 Posts
Rythameen said:
Sounds cool Naif, can't wait to hear Dutch's..........I wanted to ask you what you did to get the BT to line up with your playing. How many bars did you put in before teh BT starts. Everytime I try it, it always comes in a little too late or a little too early. :dunno:
LOL! I know that feeling so in the end I did the same and recorded it as a seperate piece then lined the track up with it! :icon_thum

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,283 Posts
Both great but went with Naifuzan...not so much because he'd tried to do the Jimi thing (hell, mine ain't note for note either!) but more because the strat tone etc just gave it more 'Jimi' appeal. :thumb: This is fun!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,283 Posts
Naifuzan said:
It's not a strat tho, its my trusty LP. :jam:
Thanks for voting and commenting everybody by the way! :thumb:
Well bugger me with a fish fork and call me Susan! :wtf:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.