Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
4K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Sabbathking 
#1 · (Edited)
Just curious...can you remember all the bands you've ever played in and the band's name? It can be just a garage band or working band. Also are any of your old bands still playing together?

I've been in a few:

1. Shark Sandwich - 80's metal covers/originals - 1987-88
2. Mean Street - 80's metal covers/originals - 1988-90 (Gigging band)
3. Rawhide Assassin - 80's metal covers/originals - 1990
4. Ricochet - 80's metal/alternative covers - 1991-1992 (Gigging band)
5. Cold Shot - classic rock/blues covers - 1994 (Gigging band)
6. Retrospect - (Formerly Cold Shot) classic rock/originals- 1994-1996 (Gigging)
7. No Name Garage band - Metal covers, classic rock ended late 1996.

I've not played in a band since 1996. I played with the same lead guitarist in the first 3 bands and we are now co-writing an all original metal album.:icon_peac

#2 ·
I don't know if my memory is that good but here goes anyway!!!

SpaceCraft- 1976-1978 (Rock,metal)covers
Prowler - 1979-1982 (Rock,metal)covers
Lizzy Borden1982-1983 (Rock,metal)changed name due to the Original Lizzy Borden maken the big time.
Slikker- 1983-1984 (Rock,metal)covers,originals
Strange Angel-1984-1986 (Rock,metal)covers,originals
StoneWall- 1986 (Southern Rock)covers,originals
Silents-1986-1990 (Rock,Metal) covers,originals

Silents was about the most fun band out of all, we opened for some great bands like Warrant,Kingdom Come,Great White, Blue Murder,Tesla and Jackyl just to name a few,,,Ahhh the 80's, what a time... :woot:

#3 ·
SayFool said:
I don't know if my memory is that good but here goes anyway!!!

SpaceCraft- 1976-1978 (Rock,metal)covers
Prowler - 1979-1982 (Rock,metal)covers
Lizzy Borden1982-1983 (Rock,metal)changed name due to the Original Lizzy Borden maken the big time.
Slikker- 1983-1984 (Rock,metal)covers,originals
Strange Angel-1984-1986 (Rock,metal)covers,originals
StoneWall- 1986 (Southern Rock)covers,originals
Silents-1986-1990 (Rock,Metal) covers,originals

Silents was about the most fun band out of all, we opened for some great bands like Warrant,Kingdom Come,Great White, Blue Murder,Tesla and Jackyl just to name a few,,,Ahhh the 80's, what a time... :woot:
Cool. After my 3rd band broke up, the lead guitarist joined a band that opened for Dangerous Toys, and Ted Nugent once. I was never on a bill with any famous bands unfortunately...would have been nice to say I had been.:icon_roll

#5 ·
I was in a band called "Fern Sweet" (1988 - 1991) whilst at university. It was the name of the ugliest girl in our school.

We supported a band called "Big Talk" who shortly after, split up and the respective members formed Reef and Kula Shaker.

Our band on the other hand, became nobodies.

I also did some session drumming for a band who I cant remember the name of but we played live a few times, and supported PJ Harvey.

#6 ·
Screamin' Seamen (A little play on words there... hehehehe) Basement Band
Diamond Edge - Early 90's - Rock, Classic Rock - Fell apart - a shame.

Rj

#7 ·
Ora Crapper - A band put together by a manager wannabe with too much money and absolutely no brains. He thought he had the "next Alice Cooper". Band fell apart played very few gigs - Very early 70's did covers

RedDog - Some of us from the above band got together, slogged it out on the local circuit for a couple of years. Brought in a girl singer, and began gigging from Oregon to Minnesota. - early to mid 70's did covers

Fable - Remants of RedDog. Cover band played all over the Pacific Northwest, and the upper Midwest. - late 70's to early 80's.

The bands RedDog and Fable gigged a lot. It was my only form of income for those years. Fun times indeed!!!:jam:

#8 ·
Well...

1978 Overload playing covers by Rush, Blue Oyster Cult (guess which!), April Wine, Thin Lizzy, AC/DC...as well as some original stuff

1980 Hard Luck with the covers now including Blackfoot, Judas Priest (Beyond The Realms Of Death), Deep Purple, G-Force (Gary Moore) and again some originals

1981 I joined Black Rose. Lucky to make the audition as it was the day after Donington where AC/DC headlined. On the way back the driver fell asleep at the wheel and we ended in a ditch. Got home, had a shower and went for audition! 2 albums, singles, tours and a lot of on-road fun and games!

1984 was Hot Blooded and we now moved onto covers by Def Leppard and Y&T and more original stuff. Then rejoined Black Rose in 1985. At the same time had a silly band going with some guys out of other bands called The Sidney Arbor Bridge Club!

1986 moved away and did a big fat nothing for too long. Then formed Jonesville in 2000 playing mainly SRV, Floyd, The Who...first time I was lead vocalist...scarey!

Then into tributes...first Alike Cooper and then VH tribute Unchained. Currently retired and just recording shitloads of stuff for albums hopefully coming out in Oct and Feb/March 2006!

:icon_thum

#10 · (Edited)
Mmmm. Lets see if I can remember them all.

1986 - 1988 TORQUE. Covers and originals 5 piece band mainly made up of older guys (I was 18 when I joined). Old style rock/metal band (Priest, VH etc.)

1988 - 1990 SIX GUN CITY, A 4 piece band I formed with friends playing 80's rock (Y&T, Dokken, Skid Row, Tesla, Black and Blue, Ratt etc)

1990 - 1993 BIARRITZ, My shot at stardom. I was asked to join after I supported them at a gig with SIX GUN CITY. They sacked their guitar player to get me in!!!!! A 5 piece originals band that played heavy melodic rock (think a heavier Night Ranger and your about there). We had some record company interest (Music For Nations mainly but also Geffen) but ultimately we were competing with the upsurge in Grunge. Right band, wrong time:doh:

1991 - 1994 CRANE DRIVERS FROM HELL, while in Biarritz, I joined this 5 piece covers band who were all friends of mine. We played straight up metal (Priest, Sabbath, Purple, AC/DC, Metallica) as well as more obscure German metal by bands such as Sinner, Axel Rudi Pell. Plenty of palm muting!!!!:D

1993 BEERWOLF while playing in the two bands above, a friend asked me to play in his 4 piece band. We only did a few shows, but it was a nice change as we played heavy blues (Walter Trout etc.)

1994 - 1995 BIG V AND THE BEDROCK PIRATES. 5 piece covers band with the name partly derived from the fact that the singer looked like a character called Big Vern in an adult comic called The Viz !!!(brits out there have probably heard of it). Played stuff by Springsteen, Black Crowes, Whitesnake, Robert Palmer etc.

1995 - 1997 MIDNIGHT EXPRESS. This formed from a Jam session at a jam night at a local pub and included the pub owner on drums. There were two incarnations of the band. The first was a 4 piece playing mainly originals penned by the singer who also played acoustic guitar. The style was light melodic blues rock type stuff:scratch: (think a lighter Matchbox 20, Springsteen etc.). We split up for a short time and reformed with a different drummer and 2nd guitarist to play covers (ZZ Top, Jeff Healey, Bad Co. etc.)

1997 - present THE TRADE/BIG DEAL/ROCKERFELLA I was asked to join this band by the drummer who was an old friend. The band were called The Trade when I joined. A six piece band with 2 guitarists and a sax/keyboard player. The other guitar player quit after 1 practice citing 'work pressures'!! I think it was my long hair, rack set up and flashier playing that did it. I called an old friend who played the circuit in different bands and I knew was a good player as well as a great singer. He'ed always sang in his bands as well as play guitar and jumped at the chance to join mainly as a guitar player. We changed the name to Big Deal and went from there playing a mix of rock and soul covers.
We changed the name again in 2000, as there was a club act doing the rounds with the same name and we couldn't be arsed with legal action! We chose Rockerfella as the drummer dubbed our singer with the name due to the amount of our cash he spent on our PA!!!!
We changed drummers in 2002 and our sax player went into semi retirement in 2003 due to tinitis. We've played as a 5 piece ever since, doing mainly rock covers. However, more changes are on the cards as our singer wants to retire after Xmas and our bass player would rather do acoustic work - I'll keep you all posted!!!

Phew.....thats it, although I've been involved in other projects and recording sessions along the way - too much to list really.

#11 ·
Corrosion Inc.
Sativa
Droll Chasm

and a bunch that never had names.

Reactions: st4pappas452
#14 ·
I am not currently playing in a band, but have bee talking with a friend about possibly putting something together.A few years ago I had a couple "joke" bands, but nothing noteworthy.

I also noticed you were in a band called Shark Sandwich.Would that be the same band from Maine that recorded a song called "Cold Mean And Nasty".and ex of mine (her name was Melinda Dillahunt-Buck) told me she helped write the lyrics to that one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.