Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally a break from the HEAT, so I finished this off. Been messing around with some of The Rippingtons tracks to see what I can destroy, hope I didn't wreck it to bad!

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Man Slingy...I felt like i was on a boat with a margarita in hand enjoying the sun...Cruisin the coast ...Love it!!!!...OH YEA! and Magnum Pi was there with that look he gives when he wears his shades:sap: ...OK..I'm awake now:blush: ...lol...FAntastic hun!!!:D

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
rain said:
Man Slingy...I felt like i was on a boat with a margarita in hand enjoying the sun...Cruisin the coast ...Love it!!!!...OH YEA! and Magnum Pi was there with that look he gives when he wears his shades ...OK..I'm awake now ...lol...FAntastic hun!!!:D
This was killa SS, awesome job! :thumb: :thumb: I agree with ya Mandy, I soo expect to see Magnum, TC, and Rick fly by any minute now in the Island Hopper lmao :D

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
It's an awesome backing and you definetly gave it tastey flavors!! I have never heard the original, but it's just so awesome, i need to check them out. Sling, good to hear you spread-out on this one...great tone man!!! :icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
quality post dude , runs smooth , never heard this one before . This is very sleek .your tone fits like a glove here Sling . Quality . great post :icon_thum

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
same here. I don't know it and it works better for me because it actually sounds like an original that way. excellent job mate :thumb:

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Again, I'm surprized at all the GREAT comments! I got 2 more of these tracks I'm working on so I guess I will post them too when finished. THANKS very very much!!!

PS Mandy,,, that was me in the shades not Magnum PI :)

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Sling I am trying to remember this tune but am drawing a blank. After reading TJ's reply I thought for a moment it was the soundtrack to Magnum PI but it isn't. I like this music a lot. It reminds me of the style that the house band was playing at the resort I was at a few months ago. I cannot comment on how faithful to the original this is but I can say I love this whole production. The music and the mix just sound great. :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!!! Well the deal is, I found this band by accident,, The Rippingtons have been around for many moons, I was searching for some jazz backings and I ran accross a bunch of midis with their name on them which sent me on the search for some real backings, no luck. I finally found a guy in town that has a whole collection of their stuff. This one I used a vocal remover on the guitar parts (originally accoustic) and put in my own. They mostly are studio musicians. Thanks again!

stingx said:
Sling I am trying to remember this tune but am drawing a blank. After reading TJ's reply I thought for a moment it was the soundtrack to Magnum PI but it isn't. I like this music a lot. It reminds me of the style that the house band was playing at the resort I was at a few months ago. I cannot comment on how faithful to the original this is but I can say I love this whole production. The music and the mix just sound great. :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

1 - 13 of 13 Posts