Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys... i have a peavey classic 30 and i love it... my only problem is its not working right now.... i just replaced the tubes on it b/c i thought that was the problem... well it was part of it... but i still get no sound or anything from it.... any one of you guys out there have any idea what might be broken on it?

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Darkness Z32 said:
hey guys... i have a peavey classic 30 and i love it... my only problem is its not working right now.... i just replaced the tubes on it b/c i thought that was the problem... well it was part of it... but i still get no sound or anything from it.... any one of you guys out there have any idea what might be broken on it?
R13 is burned out?

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
i have no idea what that is.. any idea where i could get info on that? id like to be able to fix it myself... id just need a little help is all... by the way... my amp spend about a month in my car... it worked before i put it in there... when i took it out a month later.. it stopped working... could the bouncing around in my car caused something?

·
Registered
442 Posts
tubes dont like bouncing around period , did you check the fuse? check all connections inside good luck

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Darkness Z32 said:
i have no idea what that is..
Exactly. R13 is how the 13th resistor would be labeled if there is one. I was being an asshole; trying to make the point that there is no way for us to know. It could be:

• Bad tubes
  • Bad transformer(s)
  • Bad power supply
  • Bad fuse
  • Bad capasitor
  • Bad resistor
  • Bad diode
  • Shorted wire
  • Broken board
  • etc
  • etc
  • etc

Start with obvious, fuses, and move from there. Test each individual component and when you find the problem, fix it. That is what a tech would do, it is tedious and requires knowledge I only have a little of.

Sorry, a forum just isn't going to be helpful for this type of problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
alright... well i guess ill have to rip it apart and start going at it... thanks for the tips...cause i really had no idea where to start... i dont mind the assholeness.. haha i do it myself here and there... some people just deserve it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts