Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently using a Digitech RP100 amp sim but I hated the unreal sound through
my CrateGX-15R , and was wondering will be V-amp 2 be a good candidate or POD?
I also started some recording from my computer with Cubase SX and Guitar Pro Track.
I advise that should I replace this Digitech Toy?
THanks

·
Banned
6,972 Posts
psymetal said:
i had a vamp2 and didnt like it.the podxt is much better all depends how much money you have to spend. :icon_peac
Wow, what kind of remark is that? I have a VAmp, I could buy a POD xt, but I really dig my VAmp. Doesn't have shit to do with how much you have to spend. What matters is if it does what you want it to...:icon_roll And the VAmp fits me perfectly. :thumb:
Click on my boom box and listen to some of the audio samples in there. I recorded all my parts with a VAmp.

BTW, I noticed Psy didn't have any audio in his boom box... :scratch:

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,842 Posts
I went with the Pod XT, simply because my son has a V-Amp 2. We have the best of both worlds, Some things I like better on the Pod, some better on the V-Amp. What's really cool is when we run one guitar into both of the units so we can get the sound of running a guitar through multiple amps.

·
I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,799 Posts
[QUOTE alone=VB]Amazing how many people judge things and test drive gear on price.... :rant:

Maybe its not the gear thats substandard.. but the person playing thru it. :icon_thum[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%!!!!

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Rythameen said:
What's really cool is when we run one guitar into both of the units so we can get the sound of running a guitar through multiple amps.
That's called a Vetta!:D

El_Jalepeno said:
I reallly dig my V amp!
B2 Amigo....it's what's for dinner!:icon_thum

How could ANYBODY think a Vamp is not a great thing at any price...let alone $80 new.

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks guys,

First off, I'm into instrumental rock like Satriani and Vai, then
on the other extreme I like the BLS, metallica, arch enemy, old sepultura sound.
Secondly, I heard too many advise and review from many ppl that
confuses me all the time, some ppl like V-amp and some like POD.

I remember read through that the PODxt is a major upgrade and improvement from
the old POD 2.0 and most ppl prefer some tone from the old POD 2.0 instead of th PODxt like the JCM 800.

Another, using Amp-Sim is sound better for PA instead of through a combo or tube amp because they have their own unique amp sound which true for my RP100.

See, TMI TMI (too many information) ...

I'm like simple setup like old school pedal to amp and rock it cause it sound real and not dry. But choosing a Amp-Sim, man it really gives me a BIG headache.

Me = Confuse!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Amra said:
I don't know what kind of music you are into, but from what I have heard jamming with my friends that have POD XTs, the V-AMP seems to have a heavier sound, and better cleans. If you are into heavy high gain distortion the V-AMP is hard to beat.

Here is an example of something I recorded with a custom tone I made for my V-AMP2:
http://www.texasimedia.com/michaelc/RIFF_IDEAS/Riff_inspired_by_down_pillars_of_eternity_II.mp3
This is nice, much better than Rp100 and I like cool riff.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
El_jalepeno said:
Wow, what kind of remark is that? I have a VAmp, I could buy a POD xt, but I really dig my VAmp. Doesn't have shit to do with how much you have to spend. What matters is if it does what you want it to...:icon_roll And the VAmp fits me perfectly. :thumb:
Click on my boom box and listen to some of the audio samples in there. I recorded all my parts with a VAmp.

BTW, I noticed Psy didn't have any audio in his boom box... :scratch:
Thanks man, you have nice tune there. I like the sound too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have never used either one, but if I were going to buy one It would be a V-AMP, because I have a Behringer V-Tone GMX 112, and it has a built in 24-bit processor, and I hear that the V-AMP is basically the same just has more amp/cab sims. Plus (with no offense to any one) I regard using a POD xt as cheating, because downloding tones just is sort of cheap in my book.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
SG_Shredder said:
Plus (with no offense to any one) I regard using a POD xt as cheating, because downloding tones just is sort of cheap in my book.
Not sure I get your point??? You can download tones and load into either unit....or just make your own.

V-amps are great. The only downside is maybe the plastic case....if you are rough on it. I have had one, and the rack mount version in the past....awesome sound.

Pod XT's have a lot more options to play with if that's what you want.

They both sound great!

If you are into BLS, I might actually say you can get a closer tone out of the POD XT...but either should do it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.