Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
437 Posts

· Registered
437 Posts
Joe King- The amp you posted looks good but it almost sounds like it would not be good for a distorted metal sound.

I have to keep looking, nothing has really jumped out at me yet. I was hoping a lot of people would have the same opinion, so I would be sure that I wouldnt be waisting my money. One of my problems is I just started playing, so I cant really test out any amps in the store. I would have to have someone else play it for me.

Thanks a lot for all the advice everyone.
Don't let it fool you;) It screams.

And NEVER EVER feel like you can't try something out in a store. If anyone there gives you a hard time, LEAVE. It's your money, spend it as you will. Never be intimidated, but when you try the amp out, play it at a volume you can hear without struggle, while remembering to be courteous.

After several years at working at a music store, I would put up with any beginner's playing no problem. I couldn't, however stand the jackasses that came in acting like they were going to show me something I had never heard.

Back to the amp deal, you should really make an effort to go hear some. Ask the sales guys to play if you don't feel comfortable. They will, and should be happy to assist.

As far as getting a consensus on what to buy from this forum or any other, you are only going to get recommendations that have worked for others, but there won't be a clear cut winner, just a lot more confusion over choices.

I would say for simplicity, stay with the real amp, and no modeling yet. It's just so much easier to get a handle on the basics without getting sidetracked dinking around with a million options because you can't find the one you liked last time you played.

And for the dollars these days, go tube. The tone is a considerable upgrade from the modeling choices, but the price ranges are almost equal.

Best of luck to you!

Jay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.