Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hello people.
I am mostly into rock but do like metal as well. Since I am still new I really dont want to blow a whole lot for a amp right now. I am hoping to spend no more then $300. I was looking at the Line 6 Spider III 75 or 30. Having done some searches I found some people say they are bad while others like them.

Any opinions as to which amp I should get in a $300 price range, or what to look for in a amp? For the people that don't like that amp, Can you tell me why, or what it is about it you don't like. I like the programming you can do with it.

Thanks a lot, and look forward to talking with you all.

As far as line 6 stuff your getting into the amp sim vs. purist debates there and that probably isn't something you want to dive into if your just starting out.

I think there are a few questions we all need to know before we can give you a good answer? Are you practicing playing with tracks? Do you jam with other people? Do you need something where you can play with headphones?

I think once we know that we can point you in the right direction. If anything if your looking for a better "rock" distition than you amp has there are a lot of good distition pedals on the market that will cost you less than $300.00

·
Registered
156 Posts
Marshall MG15MSII Micro Stack, Line 6 Spider III 75 Modeling Combo Amplifier, Roland Cube 30X Guitar Combo Amplifier, Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w 1x10 Guitar Combo Amp, all good bets as well as Fender has a line of inexpensive amps. I'd go to the music store and try them all out. That's have the fun isn't it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.