Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ve been looking forward to buy the POD XT... but I would like to get a few info first. Will I be able to plug it to my amp? (an Marshall AVT 50head + 200 watt cab. 4 x 12) If yes how? thx
And Also is there anything bad about the POD... I mean I never heard anything bad about it, I always ear good stuff, come on it can't be perfect! lol

:chucks: :chucks: :chucks: :chucks: :chucks: :chucks: :chucks: :chucks:

·
Registered
308 Posts
yes it hooks up to an amp. Either through the fx loop or straight through the input. I got mine straight through the input, just sounds better to me. hooks up just like any other effects unit-boss,digitech ect.

Only thing I dont like like is is not having a footswitch for it, but of course I can just shell out some money to fix the problem. Other than that its perfect for my needs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Skydirt said:
yes it hooks up to an amp. Either through the fx loop or straight through the input. I got mine straight through the input, just sounds better to me. hooks up just like any other effects unit-boss,digitech ect.

Only thing I dont like like is is not having a footswitch for it, but of course I can just shell out some money to fix the problem. Other than that its perfect for my needs.

ok, thx for your response... Ill definitely be looking to get one, (maybe on ebay to get the best price possible).. I just don't know if I should get the live version (so its like a pedal) but I think ill go with the normal one, And I'll buy the pedal rack that goes with it sometime later... :rock:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just bought the Podxt last weekend and I think it is great. If you use it without an amp then it simulates the cabinet, but if you hook it up to your amp you can change the config setting so it knows you are hooked up to an amp. It then changes the sound and takes off the amp sim so that it would sound the best coming through your amp.

The reason I chose to get the PODXT and not the LIVE version was the thought that if I stomp on a pedal and break it, or if I am at a gig and someone spills a drink into my pedal board, I now have broken the pedal board and the sound processor. If I keep them seperate, then no matter what happens to my pedal board, I still have my pod with all the sounds. Just something to think about.

The tones available for the POD are extensive. Once you get hooked up you can go online with the edit software and test and download other users created amp tones for free. I also went ahead and spent $7.50 for a month membership of the guitarport software, which also works with the XT. You then get access to tons of backing tracks of popular songs complete with the amp tones and tabs.

So overall, you get quite alot for your money when you get a pod. I know this is more than you asked about but I just wanted to share since I have been so happy since getting mine last week.

Also right now they have an offer that if you buy a PODXT before Aug 31, you can send the UPC code in and get a free gig bag/carrying bag for the PODXT. This is only if you get it from a store though, not through an auction site like ebay. So you would have to get one from a store. I got mine for $299 at guitar center which isnt' bad at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.