Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I like the tiger stripes...if you are asking what other colors I would recommend..or how it looks now....I would say it looks nice like it is...I would be tempted to Camo it out olive drab and the like...Jungle motiff....my twisted ideas...

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Leave the stripes like they are...like "Jungle Camoflauge" G.I pants you get from an army surplus store...the fretboard...if nice colored Brazilian Rosewood would add to it's "organic" look....just an idea when I first saw it..

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man. I have both a rosewood or a maple neck for this.
I can try both. but I think the rosewood would look better since you mentioned it. May have to dig some black hardware out for it to. Any idea how I can shade some grays into this?
Keith

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
ah...put a whammy on it and a kickstand over the camo...and that's close to grey....
Painting I wish I could do...someone else please....many masters should be on this site...it's a good question for ideas..it would be cool to come back and see the final result you chose for it.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Sorry man.I sounded like a smart ass the post above...i don't remember grey in the camo scheme..but it is possible I would guess to etch along the tiger stripes since you would probably block those parts off with tape for the cabo overspray...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
vintage_brat said:
No apologies needed. I was really appreciative of your ideas.. Dont be so hard on yourself. I'm easy to get along with and damn hard to offend.

Keith
VGB

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok then. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
hahaha...amazing because I thought of it for a split-second.....so how about I say "Nee" to your face!!!

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
You can use a mastik or white glue to block off areas you want to keep paint off of, then rub it off gently so it doesn't tear up the paint underneath. So you could use the glue over the existing stripes, then paint your camo shapes and remove the glue afterwards to look like the camo is underneath the stripes.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[ QUOTE ]
mab8485 said:
[ QUOTE ]
vintage_brat said:
No apologies needed. I was really appreciative of your ideas.. Dont be so hard on yourself. I'm easy to get along with and damn hard to offend.

Keith
VGB

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok then. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

[/ QUOTE ] LMFAO

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
No. I must add that i would blow my nose in your general direction....(Monty Python and the Holy Grail)...one of my only bought DVD's...

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I'm always on the lookout for ways to paint a guitar. Was at the Air and Space museum in DC and saw this old plane hanging up there. The body of the plane was clear coated so you could see the wood grain. This struck me as a fantastic possibility for a guitar: allowing areas of wood to show through the paint job! Anyway, just some ideas along this subject line.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts