Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Nice

Wow, great feel Axe!!!!!!!!! Sound is dead on too!!!

Great tune man!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i thought i did pretty good but as usual i can never judge my own stuff....low response but high listen count means i blew it.....i know it a little sloppy....please tell me what i need to improve...thanks....really!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
blew it? Are you kidding? The forums are full of people browsing and just because they fail to comment doesn't mean a thing. This is a quality cover mate, take my word for it :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well coming from you, Go, mean alot more than most, and not that im fishing for comments, but i cant ever be happy with what i record unless i get some negative....i know i could play it better and im sure it can always be mixed better...i really want to improve and refine my abilities so even though theres quality, im striving for the "immpossible perfection"...thanks Goport and to all who can find a moment to comment..Peace

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great cover dude! :rock: Probably won't mean much from me as i'm new to the forum - but still, sounded really good! :D

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AevaD said:
Great cover dude! :rock: Probably won't mean much from me as i'm new to the forum - but still, sounded really good! :D
not at all bro..it means alot and i really appreciate your time & comment...welcome too!

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Hey Axe, if you want a negative comment how about

THIS SUCKS!

Man, can't do it...I'd be lying bro cuz I really enjoyed this, but then again I am biased :grin:

Seriously, I thought the playing on this track was superb and I just love the mix. Nice tonal variety. Forget about the response count. Just go by who takes the time to critique you. It's already common knowledge that 95.5% of the members here are just leaches and contribute nada to the forum.

Peace, bro.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I have not heard this tune before, but the playing that's recorded here is awesome!!
Great tones!! Great feel! I think you hit it out the park!!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
I agree with 3fingers. Great to hear stuff no-one else covers. I worship this album because it was his real sound album to me...very organic. I think you did brilliant...if some don't comment, fuck it (or them). Much kudos mate.

:thumb:

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
I didn't think i knew this song , but it sounds familar .. i've definately heard it before , you quite definately have the satch tone down , really great playing ,

my only negative would be the backing , seems like it's clipping or really cluttered in parts , but i don't think that would be your fault .. killer chops !

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
not heard any1 cover this 1 before, you got it down man!!
agree that the backin is a bit shafted tho (dunno why)

but your playin on this has that fine satch refined laid back feel, some nice wah control too, kudos is deserved dude!

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks alot SloB and Stiglarfor the comments.... this backer was made (by someone else)off the original with some looping panning and EQing so its a little bit off, but i really tried to do a respectable job....thanks is a small word to express how much i appreciate everyones input...which is priceless!

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Yeah, well you know I am your resident constructive critiquer, Joe, because there is something about getting to a certain level of playing and replicating of an artist's style that requires others to hold you to the self-established high standard. I have heard this original a gazillion times. I am consistently blown away with the roller-coaster dynamics in energy throughout this song.

Your version was great, however there were some mixing consistency issues, but I think that may have to do with the fact that I am listening to it on some questionable headphones at work and also, I think I have this same backer that I downloaded from here and it is not the best quality. The thing that I consistently find appealing about your Satch covers though is when you go off and play your own thing, but in a Satriani style. You are getting real good with that. But also, some of your licks during the "big" lead section in the middle are unfathomable to me at my stage of playing. Overall, this is a great job!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts