Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eric, I'm lovin this new system. If we could just get the search to work right, we'd have a Goldmine!

You mentioned something about contacting the developer. Any news on this? Seems everybody is having trouble with it, my PM box is filling up, lol. It's very discouraging. I have figured out a few workarounds, but they're too complicated for most of the public. A search shouldn't be that difficult, lol.

So far I've noticed...

- the keyword search doesn't work.
- the filename search does work, but only if you select "Match partial name "
- When doing a search query, the page order is messed up. For example: if you search by date and you get 20 pages of results, the newest files will be on page 1 but the next page (in order) is on the last page (page 20), then 19, then 18...etc. Hope that made sense:scratch:

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
He has an upgraded version coming out sometime this week I hope, if it doesn't change it I will report this to him. I agree, it sucks.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that's good to hear:thumb: Hopefully the new version addresses these issues. I hope the upgrade is free!

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
I went ahead and reported this to him just as you explained it, I'll let you know what he says. It's obvious that we are the biggest site using his system so it would be in his best interest to take care of these issues.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent! Thanx Eric. I really hope we get this working, cause, other than the search engine, this system rocks!!!

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Okay, he got back to me and here is what he said.

On your site the file names are long, and that is causing problems because the maxlength value of filename field in the sdl_filesearch template is missing a zero, it should be 250, not 25. That was a problem that I corrected in 2.0.1. You can't specify a whole filename since you they're too long!

Now, the reason the keyword search doesn't work is because for the few files I saw with descriptions, they all had "common" descriptions. i.e. "Blues Riff in A". That goes back to how mysql treats stop words. For less common words, i.e. "Blues" I was able to keyword search without a problem.

Regarding the sorting issue, that is something that I didn't know about. Nobody has reported it before, but I was able to duplicate it, so I'll put it in the bugfix queue.
Two things, he always gets back to me within a day and he's always cool about it. Let's see if things get hashed out in the new version. :)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whoa, that was quick! Gotta like that:thumb: Sounds like a guy who stands behind his product, and is willing to help out so ya gotta like that:thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts