Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a few pennies to spare this month so I have just ordered some gear from https://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw2_index.html - the prices are probably not to hot for you guys in the good ol' US of A, but for us Brits it seems it is cheaper to order from Germany than on our own doorstep (thats a bit fucked up IMO)

I ordered a terratec DMX 6Fire which was £93 about £50 cheaper than here in the uk. This is a result for me - I have been thinking of getting one of these for about a year.

A mic stand, pop killer, sm58 foam cover and a spare mic grip worked out £27 - happy with that.

A Behringer MIC100 Tube Ultragain £29.93, this was about the same price as the uk - but I still saved on p&p

A Behringer UB1002 Eurorack 10 channel mixer worked out at £40 (stil £7 cheaper than anywhere I found in the uk)

Behringer MS16 Monitor speakers - £40 - I actually found these £1 cheaper in the uk but postage was about £7 so no real loss there.

the postage was flat rate at £15 and the entire ot with some cables and stuff came to £250 and that includes uk tax. after serching around the best equivilant deal I could get in the uk was just under £350 from a sole supplier. Ge this - P&P in the uk for the same order cost twice that of international shipping
Ordering bits from more than one supplier in the uk worked out more expensive because of the additional P&P.

Anyway come monday I should have this land in my lap. then all I have to do is figure out how to use it all

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really don't know Mab - I just hope they are better than my current pc speakers (cambridge soundworks DTT2200 5.1) They get a little bit annoying after a while. I'll let you know when I get it all up and running.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Mab - the monitors are pretty cool. I had a 5.1 dtt2200 setup before and they are now in the corner gathering dust :)

and I have to say getting a decent soundcard makes soo much difference. if there is one thing that has impressed me the most about all this, it has to be the terratec. and for £90 from germany (rather that £150 here in the uk) it was a bargain. suddenly all my distorted guitars have distinction and voice. and vocals actually don't sound compressed anymore. the Audigy is in the bin :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
God Port..

Wow....I wish when I had a few extra pennies that would amount to enough to buy all that.:lol:

I just got a Eurorack... The UB802 and it seems to be well worth the money...well at least what I have figured out to use on it.

I still have the 5.1 surround system hooked up to my PC like you did so I would also be interested in how you new speakers work out.

Who makes the terratec?

Look forward to hearing how it all sounds...throw us a bone when ya "gitter done":jam:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess it is a fair amount but I got the whole lot for what my friend paid for his soundcard alone so I can't complain. :) I am still having some little problems with the system. the audio card has no midi synthesis so I have to look at getting a multi purpose softsynth. Terratec is the company that produce the DMX 6fire 24/96.

The speakers are pretty decent for the price (as is most behringer stuff). the headphone socket on the front of the speakers is a godsend. They are no good for games though.
'
The Behringer Mic 100 tube ultragain pre-amp is pretty cool but it is a bit noisy once the gain is whacked up. But that is only to be expected with something this cheap.

The Behringer ub1002 mini desk is pretty good also. Oh and the mic stand, pop shield, etc was really good quality considering how cheap it all was.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts