Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. It's nice to have a place to get people's opinions on my lyrics, when I try them on my friends, they just say,"that's deep man". I don't know if thats good or bad. Anyway here's something I wrote one night a couple weeks ago. :

When I am dreaming
Don't have to be sleeping
When I awaken
My joy has been taken
Sometimes I try reading
Stimulation I'm needing
If I am to survive
This eternity drive
For this road that I travel
Is twisted and narrow
And hazards are plenty
With wounds that bleed sorrow

Let me know what you guys think. :icon_cool

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Yeah, that is DEEP. It's hard to know what stuff comes across without music but thats the guitarist speaking...I always work on lyrics last so they tend to be driven by what sound I've made...if that makes sense. Nice with the 'wounds that bleed sorrow' line...

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
yip, it is deep but there is some decent imagery here, I particularly like the "eternity drive, for this is the road ..." bit :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I'm usually a little nervous about letting people other than my close friends read my stuff. It's nice to hear encouraging comments from experienced people. Thanks again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think it is Awsome i wish i could think of stuff like that but im just bad at comming up with stuff in general. Nice work Man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.