Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Looks like you made up your mind. That axe will be a nice compliment to your LP. Congrats....you can never go wrong with a Jackson! I love the color also BTW.

What do you think of it so far?

How does it differ from the LP in your opinion?

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
:whips self profusely: I need to get me a Jackson...:( Love that color and is that a matching headstock? I'm bummed until I can get my hands on one...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VHfanOU812 said:
Looks like you made up your mind. That axe will be a nice compliment to your LP. Congrats....you can never go wrong with a Jackson! I love the color also BTW.

What do you think of it so far?

How does it differ from the LP in your opinion?
I like it so far! With the single coils I can get that nice twang, and also a clean tone which I had a hard time getting with my LP. When I first picked it up my hand slid up the neck and I went "Woah! I can comforably reach all the frets!" The neck is noticably wider (and does not get really fat at the top like my LP), the frets are much larger, and the strings come much closer to the pickups. These all cause me issues right now, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. The jumbo frets will hopefully help with my speed once I get used to not pressing down so darn hard :doh:

I also noticed that there is less space between the high E and the bottom edge of the neck. Similarly, there is very little space between the low E and the top edge of the neck. I've gotten a few fuzzed notes when I accidentally slip the string off the neck :)

Overall the guitar looks hot, sounds great, is very well balanced, and seems very versitile. :icon_thum. I only wish I hadn't played so much last night, because my fingers hurt and I wanna keep playing!

:whips self profusely: I need to get me a Jackson... Love that color and is that a matching headstock? I'm bummed until I can get my hands on one...
Yup, the neck and headstock are all one big piece o' wood, finished in the same blue as the body.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts