Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody seen the new olp's with the floyd rose, I guess they finally updated there site. I was just wondering if anybody new how much those were goin for. These arent the ed roman ones either, olp offers one with a floyd now.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
unchained81 said:
Has anybody seen the new olp's with the floyd rose, I guess they finally updated there site. I was just wondering if anybody new how much those were goin for. These arent the ed roman ones either, olp offers one with a floyd now.
Ed Roman wasn't even offering a kiss before he bent you over for that ridiculous pricing on the Floyd OLPs! :irk:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just bought one today , seller said only one of 25 made with real maple top ! We'll see when I get it !

·
Registered
331 Posts
Freeze said:
MSRP: $399

Music123 has them for $279. That's probably what they'll sell for once they hit GuitarCenter.

http://www.music123.com/OLP-MM1-Floyd-Rose-model-i153021.music

I've wanked on some of the non-locking vibrato versions over at GC and think those are pretty good fiddles for the money; they seem to have a nice fret job and neck setup right out of the box. The stock OLP pickups are okay I guess... but like strings... the stock p/ups aren't an unchangeable part of the guitar and can be easily replaced. Personally though, I don't like the faux "maple top" there... I'd go for a solid color model if they offered one on the FR-equipped OLPs.

It'd be a great axe just to throw around the pad... like I did to my poor Chinese Squire Strat which is literally in multiple pieces now- suffering with a broken high-E tuning peg, gouged frets, shorted-out p/ups and all...:dance:

It still plays great acoustically though... :thumb:

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you go to the OLP website http://www.olpguitars.com/ (they've finally updated it), the MM1FR's all come with a maple top now. I think the first run of them were the regular one's with the fotoflame, but the production ones will have a real maple top. Two color, Amber and Natural.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
The OLP is an excellent guitar, especially for the money. I have literally dozens that I did the Floyd mod on, and it always amazed me why OLP just didn't do it themselves! :dunno: It will be interesting to see how the sales are affected :thumb:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sales will probably increase i would think! Didn't the MM1's sell for around $280. Get a floyd for $19 more, not bad!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Are these recessed? Looks like it in the pic. If so, count me out! I like the Floyd the way it is on the Wolfie & EVH MM, dive only.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I've done the same mods as EJ. i think they must have waiting for licensing from FR or something. If i find one ill buy just to see how well the factory did.
I love my MM1. its modded to hell and back but the best i ever spent $119 bucks on from MF. it had a small blem in the paint but was other wise perfect.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just bought a MM1 used tonight for 130.00, in transparent red. I cannot believe the quality of a 130.00 guitar. I like it alot.

I did the the new OLP MM1-F I believe they are called have a Floyd on them, I think they are going for about 250.00

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
The Floyds are licensed, but don;t let that bother you. It is very difficult to find a crap licensed Floyd these days. Peavey and Ernie Ball also had licensed Floyds which just shows you can still get a good trem without blowing a wad.

I installed an "Official" Floyd Rose on my recent two tone burst stratocaster, and compared to my licensed Floyd on my other strat I can not tell a difference tonally or quality-wise.

Not to say that every licensed is good, becuase there are occasionally crap trems out there, but I have been very fortunate I guess :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts