Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Musician
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

its called Jam its under originals.

its been a while since ive done something like this.

its now one of my favorite things to do, put on a back track, sit back relax and just play. it helps me get away from the technique buisness.

·
Musician
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hmm no one? ive noticed whateevr i post always gets zero replies.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Just the other day, I was reminiscing back through some of my original posts from about a year ago and realized that some of mine hardly got any responses either early on. A couple never recieved any replies at all. :( Have patience friend and you will get some feedback. In the meantime, the best way to get people to check out your tunes is to go listen to other people's tunes and leave some comments. i am a big believer in the "Law of Indirect Effort" (you eventually get what you want by first giving it away to others). This site is a great example of that. Just wanted to give you some words of encouragement. Now, I 'm gonna go check out your tune. :icon_thum

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Listening as I type. Very smooth and tasty style. Fits the backer very well. Great sound and mix. This is the kind of tune that woos the ladies. :D I personally am not much of a fan of shredding, so this is really nice to my ears. Nice post.

Another piece of advice for getting more people to check out your stuff would be to post a few tunes directly in the thread. Cuts down on confusion from having to find it on another site. The less effort people have to invest in checking out your tunes, the better.

Again, great recording. Keep 'em coming like this one.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
rich2k4 said:
hmm no one? ive noticed whateevr i post always gets zero replies.
KC was pretty diplomatic with his response....I'll be a little more blunt. You won't get many comments as long as you continue to ignore everyone else's songs. Why would anyone take the time to listen to your stuff when you never bother to comment on any of the gr8 posts on this site. Not trying to be a smartass...just telling it like it is. You're are not the only one either....there are many people who post songs thinking everyone's gonna jump in and tell them how gr8 they are when they themselves never comment. If I'm gonna use my valuable time to listen and comment, it's gonna be for someone who is a giver and not just a taker. Sorry for the rant but, ya touched a nerve.

Peace!!

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
I'll jump in here too, when I first joined this site, I was too embarassed to post, so I just listened to all the great stuff that was already here, commented and talked to people, and when I felt comfortable, I posted. Right away I got response, because people were familiar with my name, and knew I wasn't just here for a quick pat on the back, (I'm not saying you are, but .17 posts per day tells a lot). Where else have you been on the site? Who have you listened to. This site works because of all the great give and take, give it a try, I think you'll like the results.:rock:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Lets see - having a listen as I type. Nice laid back feel to this - no pressure - relaxing. Actually sounds a bit like what I might have played if it were me. Over all, i'd say - good job on this! Let us know when you have osme more new stuff!

Rj

·
Registered
22 Posts
sgstd said:
KC was pretty diplomatic with his response....I'll be a little more blunt. You won't get many comments as long as you continue to ignore everyone else's songs. Why would anyone take the time to listen to your stuff when you never bother to comment on any of the gr8 posts on this site. Not trying to be a smartass...just telling it like it is. You're are not the only one either....there are many people who post songs thinking everyone's gonna jump in and tell them how gr8 they are when they themselves never comment. If I'm gonna use my valuable time to listen and comment, it's gonna be for someone who is a giver and not just a taker. Sorry for the rant but, ya touched a nerve.

Peace!!

i've seen this rich2k4 on other forums and he does the same exact thing. He expects everyone to reply to his mediocre playing, but never EVER bothers to give feedback to anyone else.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
lbra73 said:
i've seen this rich2k4 on other forums and he does the same exact thing. He expects everyone to reply to his mediocre playing, but never EVER bothers to give feedback to anyone else.
So you have joined the forum and made one post. One post to join in giving another member a slap. Not good. and not conducive to the way this site operates or making a good impression. As for your remarks, well, that might be the case but there are PLENTY of people who do this. I didn't like the "mediocre playing" remark though.

Rich24, as a rule of thumb, if you give feedback you will get it. it takes time. The track is smooth and pretty and very melodic. Good stuff.

·
Musician
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im making an effort to reply and give thoughts on other peoples stuff now. thanks guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts