Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tongue-in-cheek title of course....

But I would love to see no thread sink to the bottom (no, not just mine)....

If y'all see a post with "0" replies and 4 views....jump in eh?

All these cats put in their blood and soul into these clips and even if ya' don't dig it completely, throw some positive thing in with a tip or two to make it better...

There are some really fine players in here, and some who are growing exponentially with each post and really hungry for feedback or encouragement...let's chip in and make this happen....(if this is cool...)

Me...I'm grateful for any listening or replies on my stuff, but I understand if it doesn't happen, and I do this for a living, so I'm not dying for approval....just sharing.....if you listen, cool, if not, cool....this is more about listening to forum members in general.....

Peace, and happy listening!

Scott

:thumb:

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Scott...'tho I understand your sentiment, I must respectfully point something out. You have posted a lot of songs since your very recent arrival. Posting so many songs at once will push recent posts by others off of the first page and subsequently get fewer listens and comments. Most people post one MAYBE two posts. When those have "run their course", then throw another one up. Most people have limited time to browse the site, listen and comment on songs, reply to pm's, etc...... so a lot of people stick to page one as that is the most recent stuff. I know that you are just excited about this terrific avenue to showcase your talent(and you have SERIOUS talent), and I love hearing your songs but, having so many songs in the lineup at once, is a little overwhelming. Please don't take offense...none was meant!!! Btw...I do commend you for jumping in and listening and commenting on others posts. We've had a lot of people join and start posting a lot of songs but never commenting on anyone else's. Soooo....kudos to you in that department!

Peace!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sgstd said:
Scott...'tho I understand your sentiment, I must respectfully point something out. You have posted a lot of songs since your very recent arrival. Posting so many songs at once will push recent posts by others off of the first page and subsequently get fewer listens and comments. Most people post one MAYBE two posts. When those have "run their course", then throw another one up. Most people have limited time to browse the site, listen and comment on songs, reply to pm's, etc...... so a lot of people stick to page one as that is the most recent stuff. I know that you are just excited about this terrific avenue to showcase your talent(and you have SERIOUS talent), and I love hearing your songs but, having so many songs in the lineup at once, is a little overwhelming. Please don't take offense...none was meant!!! Btw...I do commend you for jumping in and listening and commenting on others posts. We've had a lot of people join and start posting a lot of songs but never commenting on anyone else's. Soooo....kudos to you in that department!

Peace!!
I realize I have posted copious clips....and really, not trying to grab attention, but just get 'em up there....

Nontheless, I respect your point of view...

My only point in this post was, to keep the threads that get posted, from just sinking away....by merely jumping in and giving them a listen.....not allowing them to drift away....

And by requesting that, it may mean jumping over to page 2 and making sure nothing got missed....I just don't want anyone to get left out.....

Again, I threw a ton of stuff out there, but in joining what I saw was a really positive forum, I wanted to give folks a chance to hear some stuff before listening to and commenting on theirs, (which I really get off on doing).

Anyway....all in good spirit, NOT intended to scold the forum I just joined...really just want to see everybody get heard....(I've seen some just sink, and on a busy day, it's hard for me to get to all of them...if we all see a "0" and at least a couple people jump in, then that's really cool for that person...)

Anyway, less a rant, and more an encouragement....

This is one of the most positive, supportive and communal forums I've EVER seen....no egos or big heads or control trips....

The way you guys treat one another is top notch!!

:icon_thum

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
I do try and listen to as many posts as possible , and even tunes which dont quite cut the Mustard always contain something interesting . but i guess the only way to achieve what your suggeting Scott is to have the last 50 posts on one page !, which gets a bit involved . I think most people understand , if the song leaves the first page quickly , its a nice polite way of saying maybe the tune wasnt quite cutting it . So when eventually you hang in for a week or so , you know your moving on :thumb:

·
Yeah, so what?
1,548 Posts
Just another thought, first of all it is absolutely true that we all (me the first one) should post comments on all we can, or at least if something (good or bad) ´touched you´ when you listened to it, but I also feel like answering to every single response in one´s own thread is just sometimes a little annoying, you could thank for whoever´s comments once in the beginning title, and maybe once again if you feel like it, but doing it constantly looks like ´cmmon, I wanna see mine at the top with a bunch of posts...´, and I frankly prefer to see someone posting a bunch of songs with few comments than one song for ever on the line up because the member keeps replying the thank you´s,...I don´t know, it sure is a fine line,..

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,253 Posts
BleedingPinky said:
Just another thought, first of all it is absolutely true that we all (me the first one) should post comments on all we can, or at least if something (good or bad) ´touched you´ when you listened to it, but I also feel like answering to every single response in one´s own thread is just sometimes a little annoying, you could thank for whoever´s comments once in the beginning title, and maybe once again if you feel like it, but doing it constantly looks like ´cmmon, I wanna see mine at the top with a bunch of posts...´, and I frankly prefer to see someone posting a bunch of songs with few comments than one song for ever on the line up because the member keeps replying the thank you´s,...I don´t know, it sure is a fine line,..
Yeah, I have a tendency to do that but I am grateful that people reply...like Scott I don't like to see 145 downloads and 13 replies...it's feckin' ungrateful. If you are gonna listen to it for free then at least tell people if it's good or bad. If I get negative stuff then I'll respond to it and hopefully it will be done without any nastiness...everybody can't love everything you do. :thumbup:

·
I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,799 Posts
I think all comments talked about as of now have validity..... I havn't been here that long myself, and one of the most obvious things I saw was the avenue to post comments to people on their posts, as a sort of " hey, how ya doin'" kinda thing, like getting to know someone when first meeting them. It's true, if you see someones name almost daily on the boards, but never a comment from them, good, bad, or indifferent, it's like saying "your not worth the trouble"..... I also see the point of Bleeds that replying to every single post with a reply is a little much ( I'm as guilty of that as anybody) but like Wah said, it's exciting when someone listens and says something nice about you, you want to show your appreciation. And Scott, I'm probably guilty of what your saying, and mostly in reference to your posts, because, quite frankly, I became somewhat overwhelmed at the sheer amount you were putting out there!!. I really don't know what the "proper" resolution would be, but I think if we comment slightly more, and maybe reply slightly less ( using a single reply for a few comments), then it might work out to some degree!!! Oh well, just my 2 cents!!!:thumb: :icon_peac

·
Registered
77 Posts
Totally agree Scott. I also agree with everyone else haha. I know whenever I post stuff I always try listening to as much as I have time for after I posted mine. I often push mine halfway donw the page haha. There are some seriously insane players in this forum.
Peace,
BConner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.