Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, this is my first post. I've been playing guitar for about 3 years and have tried to record some stuff. I thought itd be cool to see what some people thought of my recordings. Here's what I think is my best recording. If you wanna see some other stuff I've recorded go to www.blairconner.tk You'll find my recordings in the songs section. I love to hear what people think of my songs. Any comments or suggestions would be awesome. Thanks. Also if you know of a good recording program please tell me, the one I used isnt exactly for musical instruments, and its only got two channels, left and right, so I can't really mix anything.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I used n-Track Studio; it's very inexpensive to register.

n-Track link

You have a very raw but rocking song. Probably need to clean up some background noise to really shine, but you play some good solos and just need to get the right tools for recording.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey ksdb, thanks for your comment. Your definately right about the background noise and stuff, do you know of any other good programs that I could try out also? Or any good set-ups for recording? Thanks.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
there are some pretty crazy lead lines in here. ksdb is right your signal is too hot, and there is too much noise. However it is a good tune and you played it well :thumb:

Are you using the mic in instead of line in on your soundcard? If so change it to line in - that will help get rid of some of the noise. If you are mic'ing up an amp then you might want to consider playing around with the placement of the amp to stop interference. Also it sounds like you are getting interference from your VDU. Try recording with it off.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey Goport, thansk for the comment. As for the line in mic thing, it is going through the line in. But the other thing is that I'm recording on a pc that is like 8 years old, the mic input doesnt even [email protected]#$! But I also think its the program I'm using, someone just suggested I use audacity, so I plan on experimenting with that and that nTrack ksbd suggested. If you know of any other programs lemme know. You should check out my website also, its got more songs I've recorded in the song section. www.blairconner.tk they're in the song section. As to the noise i think its just my pedal, cause the other songs without distortion dont have nearly as much a noise problem.
Blair

·
Registered
600 Posts
I tried everything to record on my computer and it always sounded like crap. Just my $.02. Save up for a digital recorder. I just got a GNX4 and it's worth every penny! If you have the right equipment, you won't be disapointed in the quality. Other than that ROCK ON! :rock: :rock: :rock:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, I just rerecorded this song using audacity. Which really helped a lot. There's not nearly as much background noise and for the most part its mixed so you can hear everything easily. Peace.
BConner

·
Registered
574 Posts
I didn't hear the first take of this song, but this one sounded pretty clear. Had a few riffs I really liked. Keep it up!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hey, thanks for the compliment. I had to delete the old version on my account here cause I ran out of room with the new version. But fi you'd liek to check out the old version go to my website and it's still available from there. www.blair.tk in the songs section. The other one soudns horrible compared to this new version. Peace.
BConner

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hey Blair,

Just checked out your Rock On tune, excellent playing, really reminds me of some of the earlier Satrani songs and some of the satch tricks that he does like the hammering the string with the side of the pick. really good rythmn playing too fits nicely.

Good Job....

Justin (Axe2Grind)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts