• Good, but...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't quit your day job.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a semi-rough mix of a song called Skinny Sippin'. I recorded this using Cubase SX. The drums are midi, triggering Drums From Hell samples. The bass is a Schecter Diamond Elite-5 recorded using a Tech21 DI through the Vetta power section. Comments are welcome.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Greetings from a fellow Variax user. Is yours the 500 or 700 series?? Which guitar models did you play for the different parts??

The leads and rhythm parts all sound great. Good job on the backing track to! You threw in a lot of cool ideas to keep the song interesting throughout. Very solid work and solid performance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks KSDB. I used the Les Paul bridge for the heavy backing guitars, the Tele and Strat bridge guitars for the leads and fills.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
For one Line 6 fantatic to another, well done! Love the tone, bro :thumb:

I also love the feel of this tune...it keeps your interest and there's so nice guitar runs in it.

I am a Cubase SX user too although I donut do much midi, just got into it. I am trying to work with FL Studio 5 to make killer backings but I am so baffled by it. Do I use it as a rewire app, standalone? So many questions...

Good shit, bro!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stingx said:
For one Line 6 fantatic to another, well done! Love the tone, bro :thumb:

I also love the feel of this tune...it keeps your interest and there's so nice guitar runs in it.

I am a Cubase SX user too although I donut do much midi, just got into it. I am trying to work with FL Studio 5 to make killer backings but I am so baffled by it. Do I use it as a rewire app, standalone? So many questions...

Good shit, bro!
Thanks much for the kind words STINGX. I use Cubase as a stand alone application. The hardest thing for me, with any song, is getting a realistic drum track. I play the basic drum track on my midi keyboard and record it into Cubase. Then I add the fills. From there you can do anything you want with the notes. I then use Battery as my midi out for the drum track and load a kit.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Sounded pretty damn good to me...that tone was great. I have a Vetta HD, but no Variax guitar yet.

Cool song also.:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

1 - 11 of 11 Posts