Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It isn't the finished article but it is getting there. not a heavy tune, more acoustic but quite bouncy and fun.

·
drunken loser!
444 Posts
i love your posts porty.
i thought it was going to be an oasis cover with the 1st 3 chords
how wrong could i have been..
excellent mate!:thumbup:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol thanks mate. Glad you enjoyed it :D

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
I swear...I think you're really Ray Davies!!!!:shock: You're an awesome song writer, bro....and I just love your vocals!!!:bowdown: And the short and sweet guitar solo fit perfectly!!! :jam:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ray Davies? You know, I have never owned anything by the Kinks. I don't dislike them but I never really got into them. I guess I just sound too english :D As for the songwriting, it is just trying to do something I like. I used to write originals back in 1988-1993, but I would always try to be too clever. Now I just write a tune I like (ie hopefully melodic) and the words seem to be a lot easier once the base tune is there. I used to do it the other way round. but this way seems to work quite well.

I have a fairly weak voice but it fits quirky songs and that is why I stick to them :D As for the solo, I kept it short and sweet because my finger is still very painful.

Thanks for the compliments sgstd - you always take the time to listen to my stuff and that is much appreciated. :thumb:

·
NURSERY RHYME KING
270 Posts
VERY cool Porty..sounded more like the Beatles, like something Ringo woulda done...HAHA and you do sound REAL British...LOL...and thats NOT a bad thing..but it shines thru...:grin: GREAT JOB man :icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Registered
149 Posts
Another keeper Goport. Really upbeat and happy too. Your song writing is amazing . And i like the keyboards also i think they complete the song to pefection.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys - I am really glad you enjoyed it. Ringo? :lol: I have the nose hahah

·
Registered
39 Posts
happy lil tune mate

hey this is a happy little british ditty i say mate LOL

i love it and you got a great sense of humour

from one song writer to another its brill !!!

you sure your not ray davies???? well bette rhten askign if your liam gallagher LOL

cheers
angel:D

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol thanks morbid angel :) and no I am not ray davies or Liam gallahger, "right our kid?"
:lol:

·
Registered
150 Posts
In some parts, it indeed reminded me of Beatles, but that's probably your British accent fault :D.
J/k, very neat tune Goport. Chapter One, Chapter Two stuff was really funny! What was there about 'She was only 15 years old, but who'd really know' part ? Could you post lyrics or something :)?

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
porty you write some interesting stuff.. alot of upbeat and humorus vocal lines also..i dunno if it reminded me of the beatles or not but i liked it non the less.. always enjoy your work.. your very creative that shows.. keep up the great work:jam:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thankyou thankyou thankyou people :thumb:

Mishar, hopefully this will make it a little clearer http://www.guitars101.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28624

Gwiz - you are far too kind mate. I know my stuff is a bit off the beaten track sometimes. And I appreciate the fact you put time in to listen to my warblings :)

Linda - you have been very supportive and always offer words of encouragement. thank you for listening and kicking my arse from time to time ! :thumb:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks, sounds like there probably is a story behind it.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
not really - it most certainly isn't autobiographical :lol:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tell Kaz thanks and the £5 is in the post mate :) The pair of you are far too kind. :thumb:

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Mr Goport!! Most impressive!! You sound so pro!! You could easily be selling CD's. I'd buy em. Fantastic all around!! :thumb: :thumb: Man, you've got some fantastic talent!!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
3F -you are far too kind. You are my favourite male vocalist on the forum and you play a sweet guitar too. Thanks mate - seriously :thumb:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts