Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lead Kazoo-ist
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm a relatively new guitarist, home recording engineer, etc... I have fun, more than anything else. I try not to take my playing too seriously, but seriously enough to grow and get better (hopefully). Anyway... Ever see a Charlie brown cartoon, and catch the way the adults do that mumble thingy... I wanted to try and create a guitar version of that. I had one of those days in corporate america, where it seemed like everyone was coming to me with more bad news, or just negativity overall. After a while it all started to sound like noise, hence... my ditty.

I also wanted a chance to try out a bass simulator effect on my workstation... so for character sake, let's say that repetitive "bass" line in the background is me, and the rest of the tracks are some negative nelly co-workers that (unsuccessfully) tried to put a damper on my day.

This is the first MP3 that I've posted and I am still learning, but most importantly I had a lot of fun doing it... imagine the facial expressions while playing, trying to imitate the blah blah blah I heard all day...

Lefty Spaz

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I really liked this - I doubt I could listen to a whole cds worth but it had purpose and direction. It possibly went on a little too long but it works. :thumb:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Cool idea! I think you'd have even more luck reproducing the Charlie Brown adult-speak with a whammy bar and a wah pedal. Vai does some pretty cool talking-sound effects like this... but I can't seem to think of a specific song off hand.

As for keeping things fun, I completely agree! A while back I messed around on the piano. Decided to start taking lessons and it immediately went from fun to work, and I quit. I don't dare take guitar lessons or get too serious with it :grin:

·
Lead Kazoo-ist
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback...

Hi Goport and Dunadan,

Thanks for the reply, very much appreciated... I saw some opportunities to reach into the bag of effects I have and get real close to the Charlie Brown mumble, but it didn't capture the 'whining' that inspired it. LOL. Thanks a lot for listening.

The SouthPaw from LI,

·
Lead Kazoo-ist
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Canyon Carver...

The piece is waaaaay too long. Which probably makes sense, since the particular day that inspired the idea, felt as long as 2 days... I should have cut it shorter in the editing. Thanks for the welcome and the experience has been nothing but great thus far...

·
Registered
410 Posts
First of all, welcome! I'm glad to listen to your first post and you've done a good job here. Yes, fun is what we do here and had fun listening to yours.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts