Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,253 Posts
Love it...Glenn Hughes is one of my fave singers but I don't think I've ever mentioned him on here! Loved the Hughes Thrall album from the early 80's and he just gets better and better. Not a huge Iommi fan but can't deny the impact he has had on metal...I love the 'Heaven and Hell' era but my fave Iommi riff has to be 'Symptom Of The Universe'...pure metal.

Thanks for the heads up CC. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
CanyonCarver said:
Here's the second tune: Dopamine.
That songs a bit better...very nu-metal sounding though so it just lacks that good old Iommi style that I'm used to. I'm weird. :D It should appeal more to younger folks.

I wonder why Glenn's vocals were so overbearing in the beginning? He drowned out the guitar.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I like both tunes too. I do agree with Riff about the second tune though. Very Nu-Metal sounding, which is fine cause I'm into some of that stuff too. I think I'll be buying this cd too.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
SuckaIn3Piece said:
I like both tunes too. I do agree with Riff about the second tune though. Very Nu-Metal sounding, which is fine cause I'm into some of that stuff too. I think I'll be buying this cd too.
I don't know if its me being 37 and being stuck in the 80's as far as guitar picking style, fast tempos or if its just something else keeping me from accepting any nu-metal sounding stuff? (except for BLS. :toothless )

I love & respect Tony Iommi to death but gimme "Neon Knights" or "Heaven and Hell" style riffs and beats over his new stuff.

I think I'm just hooked on old metal style "steady, straight forward" drum beats and those downpicked, "staccato" type fast riffs....my brain is hardwired for it. Guess I'm just a stubborn old geezer stuck in the Decade of Decadence? :lol:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Love that first tune!! :rock:

Aside from Ozzy, Glen Hughes has been my absolute favorite Sabbath singer... his vocals on 'Seventh Star' are definitely heartfelt and soulful and it's my favorite post-Ozzy-Dio-Gillan-Gillen-etc. era Sab album... glossy production but still bloozey...:afro:

Anyway, I hope most of the cuts on 'Fused' are similar to and/or superior to 'Wasted Again' ... :jam:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.