Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd try messing around with groove agent today and I managed to get a tune out of it. I think it came out pretty well actually. It is a bit rough around the edges but there is a good basis for a song here.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers Wah
you are right on the money mate.

Agree on the beginning - I was just about to mix down to mp3 and got a bit self conscious of the bad clean guitar part so I smothered it in reverb. Vanity huh?

And yeah, I had all sorts of trouble with volumes on this, mainly because I couldn't hear the midi drums and bass tracks. I don't normally use any midi but it seemed like a good excuse to have a play. unfortunately I just couldn't seem to get a suitable volume on either the drums or the bass, hence the low mix for the distorted guitar parts.

I used Groove Agent for the drums but I must confess the result isn't as good as I would have hoped. I will stick to what I know in future (as in battery or acid loops).

The bass was a nightmare! I originally played the bassline on guitar using a vg-88 but it was hard to nail it. I tried cutting and pasting the most usable bits but it started sounding pretty rough so I did it in midi and put a vst instrument on it.

Still I am happy I got the main guitar motiff down and some usable bits for a solo.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
The songs a keeper mate. I've tried putting bass down with my XT but we're looking at a Basspod at the moment...makes sense. I'm just about to post a song by ARK-thought more people should hear this awesome band. Check out the bass and the vocals! Awesome!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers chaps

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heh - Brian May? I got accused of lifting off him before.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LMAO

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers people

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Great job Goport, this was outstanding!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This really means a lot to me, thanks TJ and Rain (and everyone else for that matter). I didn't expect much feedback on this track because it is quite a pop based tune.

I rarely manage to write/record things that I like, but as wahwah said, this one is a keeper.

Cheers people

1 - 20 of 25 Posts