Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is wreckless my friends, it's with the Dimarzio Fred pup, what a screamer!

I totally dissed this pickup when I first put it in today, only to listen to my wise wife and put it back in.

The riff is cool, reminds me of seeing friends from long ago in childhood.

Too therapeutic? Just kick back....alternate picking runs punch like hell with the Fred....I'm excited about it

Yes I usually have it all wrong as far as mixing....I just whipped it together to share with you guys, I'm not looking to sell it.

Enjoy my brethren.

ET

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Very nice tones indeed. Cool playing once again mate :thumb:

·
Registered
101 Posts
woh. holy crap theres some speed in some those licks. ever try a scallopped neck? the whole neck scallopped? i could hear you really vibrato-ing some big chords with tone. shred.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliments bruthas!!!! This was a crap version. I'm gonna download a 2 week old version that's lil' better but uses the PAF Pro pup.

Vash, hey man. Yeah I've tried scalloped but not enuff to buy one. I've been 'shaking' chords for a while now.

Do you remember Montrose's first album? He vibratos chords all throughout. Leslie West was great too. Lynch nailed it as well.

I think you guys will like the next download better....it just doesn't have the same bite as the Fred pup.

Danica-to-Formula One

FormulaET

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank You

Thank you so much for posting that clip! I have been toying with the idea of going with DiMarzio's in my next guitar so I was checking to see what people were saying about the Fred. I love the sound on your clip! I'm definitely decided - Fred in the bridge and Joe in the neck.

Questions - was this in your Ibanez RG? So it was a Basswood body?
What effects were you running this through? A POD? Anything else?

Again, that clip just sounded great and thanks for posting!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heem6 said:
Thank you so much for posting that clip! I have been toying with the idea of going with DiMarzio's in my next guitar so I was checking to see what people were saying about the Fred. I love the sound on your clip! I'm definitely decided - Fred in the bridge and Joe in the neck.

Questions - was this in your Ibanez RG? So it was a Basswood body?
What effects were you running this through? A POD? Anything else?

Again, that clip just sounded great and thanks for posting!
Thanks for your nice comments!!
I used a PGM30, yes it's basswood.

I use a Johnson J-Station on the '78 Marshall patch. I used a little delay and kept the eq on the mix-down flat.
This pup is very punchy, however I still swap it out for the PAF Pro, I like vowels in my leads. I swithc them out when I feel like using one or the other. Overall Fred is a great rythm pup, cuts thru a mix nicely.
Peace, FormulaET

1 - 10 of 10 Posts