Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Outstanding imo....you have a Jean-luc-Ponty thing going on and he is one of my favorites of all time!!!! Killer stuff !!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :rock:

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Dude...i was dead serious...this is killer!!! I saved it!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man.. i made it into your playlist!!! :)

To be honest i never listened to Jean Luc Ponty, and i just googled it up, he's a violin & sax player.. so when you say about him..were you commenting on the sax solo on my song?

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
the whole thing has a flavor on JLP imo...your guitar work fits right in and he has had some killer artists on his stuff...(Allan Holdsworth, Bill bruford). I commented on the tune as a whole, but your guitar work is excellent!!! I absolutely love your vibe and the production as a whole. JLP's infuence on me is purely phrasing and arrangement...his violin playing is so complimentary to his music...I can't tell you how many tunes have inspired my playing from him!!! You did this so well man!!! Congrats!! and BRAVO!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see.. so JLP is more a fusion player than jazz... okay...

Thanks!!! You're the first guy that give 2nd opinion to me for this song. It's so nice to hear the feedback from someone else.. (first opinion was myself :p)

Thanks as well for the guitar work feedback. It's very nice to hear such a good feedback from a guitar player about it since i'm doing all the guitars on synth.

I did a lot of work on production, so nice it's being appreciated. Still not used to work with loops though.. the drums doesn't sound very dynamic to me (maybe i'm just too picky).. but the other instruments are lifting the song's dynamics..

Did all the lead work last night, it was pretty hard to come up with good notes :)

Vibe wise.. it sounded like a backing track for a rap song at first LOL.. i just improvised to make it a little bit 'fusion-y'. I totally can imagine someone's like Chuck D doing rap overdubs with this hehehe... I'm glad at the end it's mutated into something else.. for ex: JLP vibe (even though i've never heard a single track out of him). I gotta check his stuff!

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Naifuzan said:
Wish I could say something constructive as well, but all I can say is that this kicks ass!
Best description I can come up with too. This one goes in the G101 hits folder. :rock:

·
Registered
574 Posts
This is wonderful. I love the whole feel of it. It's a keeper for sure!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Great work man. I hope to hear more music from you!! Keep em coming :icon_thum

By the way, are you the same synthz that post on the JP forum?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again for all the wonderful feedback guys!! I appreciated them!

GROS: yep, i'm the same guy :p do you post in there as well?

I'm still waiting for your PM reply BTW...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts