Super Moderator
33,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*Recorded by Mike Terrell and posted by Hahninator *

Nine Inch Nails
May 22, 2022
Daytona International Speedway
Daytona Beach, Florida
Welcome to Rockville - Day Four (Space Zebra Stage)

Taper: Mark Terrell
Source: Audio Technica 853s (Cards/4.7k Mod) > Tascam DR-05X
Lineage: WAV > Audacity 2.3.2 (Gain, Mixing, Normalizing, Fades, Tracking) > FLAC (Level 8)

Setlist:
01. Mr. Self Destruct
02. Wish
03. Less Than
04. Technical Difficulties Break
05. March of the Pigs
06. Piggy
07. The Lovers
08. Heresy
09. Reptile
10. Shit Mirror
11. Closer
12. Burn
13. The Perfect Drug
14. Copy of A
15. I'm Afraid of Americans*
16. Gave Up
17. The Hand That Feeds
18. Head Like A Hole
19. Hurt

*David Bowie cover

"Every Day Is Exactly the Same" and "The Becoming" were on the setlist after "Burn" and "Copy of A",
respectively, and were dropped due to time constraints.

Band:
Trent Reznor - Lead vocals, guitar, keyboards, synthesizers
Atticus Ross - Programming, keyboards, synthesizers
Alessandro Cortini - Bass, keyboards, synthesizers, guitars, backing vocals
Robin Finck - Guitars, synthesizers, keyboards, backing vocals
Ilan Rubin - Drums, piano, guitar, bass, backing vocals

Taper Notes:
This is a good recording but not a GREAT recording. First of all, the entire day was super windy; I tried to
fix this with the windscreens and moving to the left side stack for good sound/less wind. Well, the crowd was
absolutely insane when the show started. Crowdsurfers everywhere, you couldn't move a foot, the surge of the
pits, etc. It was pretty much chaotic. Finally I was able to move further left during "Heresy" and the second
half of the recording came out great. You're going to hear crowdsurfers go over me and some crowd stuff on
the first half, but it isn't too terrible. I cleaned up what I could when editing. Listening back, it isn't
as bad as I would have thought during the set. I'd still give the recording a 7/10. NIN is amazing live, go
see them if you can.
There was a 12~ minute technical difficulties break after "Less Than" because the humidity broke the band's
IEM system. They stayed on stage to try and do "March of the Pigs" after a break, but stopped immediately.
They then left the stage for it to get fixed, and an announcement was made by the festival which was
interesting. They got it fixed and came back and rocked us, but had to drop two of the best songs from the
setlist - "Every Day Is Exactly the Same" and "The Becoming" - darn. Rockville still let them play past 11:00.
Thank you to Ryan for the gear.
If you have unreleased Nine Inch Nails recordings, please visit Ryan at NINLive.com.
If you have unreleased Rage Against the Machine recordings, please visit TJ at RATM.Live.
If you have unreleased Linkin Park recordings, please visit me (Mark) at LPLive.net.

Compiled on 2022/05/24.​

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts