Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come nobody does jams anymore? Besides me nobody has run a standard jam in a couple months at least. Wigrock has been doing the pass the ball and I have been running mix jams and that is it. The last jam I set up didn't even get enough people and is sort of running out of steam it seems.

Did people get bored with them or what? What gives?

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
I think more people are getting into the battles these days ... i much prefer the jams myself .. makes me think on the spot and venture out ! hope more are on the way :thumb:

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stiglar said:
I think more people are getting into the battles these days ... i much prefer the jams myself .. makes me think on the spot and venture out ! hope more are on the way :thumb:
Yeah, I don't really like the battles. Of course, I always loose really badly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey there!

been looking for a jam for quite some time now as well.
Now where i'm finally feeling confident to participate theres nothing there ^^.

Well I came along some nice sounding rhythms the last few weeks; if just the guitar is enuff to start something (?) i'd post it here to maybe start a jam.

Greetings!
Flo

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vlc66 said:
Hey there!

been looking for a jam for quite some time now as well.
Now where i'm finally feeling confident to participate theres nothing there ^^.

Well I came along some nice sounding rhythms the last few weeks; if just the guitar is enuff to start something (?) i'd post it here to maybe start a jam.

Greetings!
Flo
It might be. You can always post and see.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Anybody can start and produce a jam. I've done a dozen or so....but lately I've started a new job where I am on the road all the time...so while I can log on and post, I can't work on jams very much. Also I need some good BT's to starts a jam and don't have time to make any....so that's always a problem.

In about 2 weeks....my personal schedule will be cleared a bit (I hope) and I'll throw out a couple of jams for June...like the old days.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
WTG VHFan :thumb:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Yeah - I think the battles have stolen the steam from the Jams - kind of a bummer really. I'm not much into the battles either. I prefer to collaborate and produce something fun and unique. I havent hosted a jam in quite a while - perhaps I should get off my lazy ass and do one. In fact I think I will search my BT collection for something inspiring and see what I come up with.

Rj

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
rjfoster said:
Yeah - I think the battles have stolen the steam from the Jams - kind of a bummer really. I'm not much into the battles either. I prefer to collaborate and produce something fun and unique. I havent hosted a jam in quite a while - perhaps I should get off my lazy ass and do one. In fact I think I will search my BT collection for something inspiring and see what I come up with.

Rj
What the hell are you guys talking about? I have a Jam open right now with 4 open slots....sign up and claim one!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
VHfanOU812 said:
What the hell are you guys talking about? I have a Jam open right now with 4 open slots....sign up and claim one!
I have already checked it out bro - nothing personal, but that BT just didnt inspire me. Don't worry though Ill be hosting a jam soon.

AND - I was thinking of something that might stir up some interest too - maybe it's already been done - I dont know. How about "Jam Battles"? It would be the best of both worlds - a jam where people collaborate on a common tune, and then once its posted a poll is set up to determine the winning soloist from within the jam. How about that idea?

Just my .02.....

Rj

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
NP RJ....many times I hear a BT and don't have anything that comes to mind. You can set up a jam and attach a poll to the finished product and get votes......might get people going.....they seem to like the battle section a lot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts