Hey everyone, I'm new to this site and I'm having a big issue with recording guitars. I've been playing a long time, but I'm knew to home recording and pro audio. The main problem is, I'm getting a lot of hum when I use any kind of gain at all. I'm mostly trying to do real heavy metal guitars so it's a big issue. Here's a quick breakdown of the setup starting from the guitar to where I plug in next all the way to the computer.
1) Guitars ESP LTD EC-1000 with EMG 81 bridge, EMG 60 Neck pickups
2) Kirk Hammett Signature Dunlop Wah Pedal
3) Boise Noise Suppressor Pedal
4) Line 6 Pod 2.0
5) Pro Tools M-Audio MobilePre Audio Interface, connected via USB to
6) iMac Computer with Pro Tools MP 9 software
I've tried switching out cables, guitars, direct to the interface, direct to the Pod 2.0, everything I can think of. I've even tried using garageband instead of Pro Tools and still get the same results.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I do have the cable modem and wireless router for my internet right near the desk I have everything set up on. Is it possible that those items could be causing interference?
Again, thanks so much to everyone who has any help.