Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently added a new plugin to my VST arsenal - Ozone 3
It is an incredible plugin for final mastering of your mixes. It has a ton of presets and many more that can be downloaded...some are presets by industry gurus. If you have been busting your ass trying to get your songs to sound polished like on the cds you listen to, this is what you have been longing for :)

Anyway, I first used it on my last covers post, Cocaine, with VanMan. I have gone back to my original wavs and remastered all my work. I think the result is pretty freaking wild. Just lets all the instruments sit well in the mix and adds depth and space. Well you can download it from the link above, it works for like 2 weeks then it'll start adding noise every so many seconds to the track. See for yourself - just make sure your DAW can use either VST or DX plugins.

Quick run down...used my neck pickup on my brian moore guitar (duncan '59) with the coils split, ran into my podxt on a custom patch to emulate a SRV-like tone (main amp emulated was a Fender Bassman), xt into my firewire preamp into my pc. Used Cubase SX with a little ambience added with Amplitube and Lexicon reverb. Mastered in Ozone 3 VST.

Cheers...

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoa...when did you sneak in here :) Thanks a lot zeppy!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
perfect production and mastering! i gotta try out this ozone thing hheehhe
great job

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks linda and andrew. That plugin remains in my Top Five Essential VST Plugins ;)

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Awww very nice indeed Stingy!!!...Lots of feel in this tune..loved it!!!:icon_peac

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rain and Wiz thank you both for the nice words :bannana_g

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The tone is excellent, very pure. Your phrasing is tasteful and very appropriate for the mood of the song. Your mastering with Ozone is also very impressive. Me wants to get that plug-in, but me no can afford yet. Someday, perhaps...

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Man....love this tone, bro!!!:icon_thum Also love the way you let the song breathe with the spaces!!! Nothing pretentious here!!! Gr8 guitar work!!!:cool:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow guys, very kind words. I really do appreciate you all taking the time out to listen and comment. It's very motivating. :icon_peac

1 - 14 of 14 Posts