Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may have seen this one in the covers forum a while back, but seeing as it fits the theme of this months contest.............

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
that is very cool

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yeah this is bloody good. I was thinking about doing this one but knew it would be done better. Well done and good luck.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
awesome man . this is great dude
so cheesy isnt it
. very accurate mixing man damn how you manage that ? all levels are perfect
great job duder

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Wow!!,,This was very coolez!!!:grin:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was awesome, i am a huge Trek fan, killa job!!:thumb: :thumb:

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
I remember this one being posted a while back but forgot how cool it was. This is great work. I don't know if you would consider this a compliment, but the intro synths sounded like Geddy Lee was doing them, circa 1976-78 (ala Xanadu, etc.). So, that right there won me over from the get go. I liked how the guitar melodies were used just to cover the melody and not as the "Lead" instrument (in other words, it was merely a part of the orchestration of the overall sound instead of being the out-in-front instrument. Sounded very professional. And that last little quick run at the very end sounded straight out of "Into the Light" from Flying in a Blue Dream. So, let's see.....you had a little Satiani and a Little Rush in there.....you just might get my vote this month. :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
thanx everyone....... and Jeff, thanks for the critique lol lol. Yeah I was going for the orchestration vibe on this, glad you liked it.
Those analogue synth sounds certainly are reminiscent of Farewell to Kings era Rush, which can't be a bad thing in my book.
BTW have you got the new computer yet?.............

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.