Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was gonna post this in originals section but ah what the heck ima post it here .. never posted in here before so should be cool to find out more about it lol
this is a peice i wrote a few months back . originally was a full out tune with vocals and big ass solo .. i looked at it .. and made it into an instrumental . i hope you guys might like this

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i really appreciate that bro . but i doubt i will get many votes .. infact maybe a vote or 2 .. quite literally LOL .. people dont like me very much man haha . but im glad you liked this . it means alot to me that there are people who like the music i make
thankyou bro

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yay fellow geordie

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol thanks VB bro

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was awesome Dan, killa entry, great job!!

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Heh heh heh, you're right dannyboy, no-one around here does like you.

However, we're big enough to not let a thing like that influence our voting in anyway !!! We'll judge you on your guitar playing !!!

Just kidding dude (about the not liking you, not the guitar playing
).

A great entry dude. Very atmospheric, and an awesome mix. Holds it own amongst the other entries dude !!!! Has a certain respect the wind feel about it !!!

·
Registered
886 Posts
I love this. I'm being honest, which I know that is what you want. I would love to have heard you put some vocals over this as I am a fan of your voice. Your guitar has a great tone but I would like to hear some bridge pickup stuff too. Very melodic though and inspiring.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Oh dear. I have managed to avoid contact/conflict with you so far db. This might be the day when we clash swords

I actually like your honesty and "to the point" posts. As harsh as they seem to the uninitiated, they are honest and valid and I respect that.

But I guess this is not the issue here as it is one of your tunes....

First things first! This is really good. Really GOOD!

In fact I was a bit surprised. I have heard a few of your other recordings, during the 3 months I have been using this site. And whilst it is evident that you can really play I got the impression that you have a kind of quest for perfection (this is going to sound harsh but I don't mean it that way). Some of your tunes seem to stay safely within your (obviously) better ability. I guess what I am trying to say is you never seem to let rip and be damned. Whereas you seem to have thrown caution to the wind a bit on this and it rocks. Seriously.

Respect.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol first of all . thankyou for such an interesting post instead of the usual "this is great man well done" .. i appreciate them too .. but .. i like something that makes me think .. i hear what you are trying to say ... and to be honest . the only reason i dont go all out . is because my gear and recording equipment would make it sound terrible . seriously . i work for hours AFTER recording all my parts just trying to bring it all together properly .. ok not hours .. but you get my point . its a tricky job trying to get perfection . and yes .. i am a perfectionist i admit it .. i like things to be correct .. that is why only about 2 of my tunes out of hundreds are really what i consider to be the best i can do at this time ... but anyway . maybe in a few years time when i get better gear and set up .. i will make better music and push my playing further .. for now though .. i just do what i can .. thankyou for your honesty . its refreshing and welcomed

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
No problems chaps

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
ok man, good shit i liked the sound and the tone was cool too. sick song!
now to the "Danny boy" styled reply, because you love the honest stuff, please don't get cut. What ive noticed is that when your soloing you have this thing in which you you pick every note instead of using hammer ons and pull offs and slides and shit. also you seem to pick everynote on and in between every beat, unless of course your shredding. (like a metronome almost) But yeh, i still loved it, can tell who your influence is.

ps, please don't take this the wrong way

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol who i just like the way it sounds picking every note .. its just the way ive ended up playing .. i dont actually pick EVERY note .. but it often sounds like i do ... i dunno . just the way i go about it .. thanks for the honesty

1 - 20 of 33 Posts