Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an email from an indi saying they are interested in stuff I have on my soundclick site; want to "discuss the possibility of releasing this material and doing some radio promotion on it." I don't really know what to make of it. My soundclick is basically just full of a bunch of playing around. It is all very raw, poorly recorded, and almost 100% improv over jam tracks I created that are rather simple. I can't think of what they might be interested in or if they just blast sent a bunch of these to every artist they could find.

So if you are interested, have a listen and tell me what you would make of such a request if you were me:

http://www.soundclick.com/noahroberts/

I might post an attachment, but I don't know what they are interested in (if anything truely) and you can stream it over there so...

Oh, you might find a couple of jam tracks on that site if you are into such things. They are originals, they are not brilliant. Hopefully it isn't a problem to post the link or mention they are there.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
hey there...who are these indie people....???...i've had a listen...

"Commander X-23"...is well mixed...sorta "campy"...hopefully this was your intention...could be used for a cult film

"make a go" (with guitar and intro)...has a haunting intro sound...makes the listener pause and reflect...has hints of pink floyd sound...it kicks in nicely at about 1:50...abrupt ending and riff is a nice touch

overall...the sound is "retro"...as for these indie guys...find out EXACTLY what they are interested in doing with your tunes... :icon_thum...i'd tread lightly...if something sounds too good to be true...you know the rest... :icon_peac

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jimihendrix said:
hey there...who are these indie people....???...i've had a listen...

Commander X-23...is well mixed...sorta "campy"...could be used for a cult film

make a go (with guitar and intro)...has a haunting intro sound...makes the listener pause and reflect...has hints of pink floyd sound...it kicks in nicely at about 1:50...abrupt ending and riff is a nice touch

overall...the sound is "retro"...as for these indie guys...find out EXACTLY what they are interested in doing with your tunes... :icon_thum
http://www.statuerecords.com/

Problem with Commander X-23 is the name and the "vocals". I think that is a fair use but not sure. Commander X-23 is Marvin before he was Marvin and of course the vocals are Marvin samples. Wouldn't want to push it...

The version of Make a Go w/ intro is not all mine. The intro was created by a guy in alt.guitar.beginner when we decided to do some sort of collaboration...that never made it past what I did.

Guess I'll contact them back and see what is what. This certainly comes as a big surprise. I think it is worth it just to find out what the hell they are interested in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts