Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought KC had a good idea scanning in those old cassettes so I thought I'd continue his thread by scanning some old tapes I still have from the 70's, 80's.

I still have about 100 or so that are the original tapes I bought 20 to 25 years ago. Here's a few: Anyone else have any old scans to post??????

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
That's outstanding Riff! Takes me back..but then again..I remember Journey's first 8-track tape!! Now that would be a pic indeed! :thumb:

They look like worthy warriors aged like a vintage guitar!!

:rock:

·
Registered
554 Posts
*sigh*...yes I have some of these damn things lying around somewhere....Thanks for reminding me how old I am! Damn you Riff Addict!! :)

I don't have a scanner handy, but I found my Dokken 'Under Lock And Key' tape the other day, and I know for a fact I still have a Quiet Riot 'Metal Health' tape here somewhere. I remember getting it as a Christmas gift from a girlfriend in the 7th or 8th grade!

I was at my Mom's the other day and I found my old Kiss record collection - yes, LP's baby :) Most of the actual vinyl is long gone, but the covers remain. I still have the vinyl for Gene and Peter's solo records. I have no way to listen to them though!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Truly great stuff. I still remember fondly the first two 8-tracks I had:

• Van Halen I
  • Kiss Destroyer
I wore those things OUT. I suppose I should admit my third 8-track was Eddie Rabbit - I love a rainy night :shock:

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Wow, I'd say that you got your money's worth out of those puppies! I didn't see any Michael Jackson in there though. :scratch: Nor did I see any Yanni or Kenny G. Boy, and I thought I had you pegged!

:laugh:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I recently found my old Satriani "Not of this Earth" tape. It has the original cover, a dark moon-like planet, instead of a pic of Joe. I also had Dokken's Tooth and Nail tape which had a different picture of claws.

What a profound effect those 2 tapes had on my playing.

·
Registered
355 Posts
i collect old vinyl and tape

*just thought i'd add that!*

1 - 10 of 10 Posts