Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this is an extremely obscure and useless subject but I feel the beauty is in the details, though most think that I should just get a life!! So I recently posted a cover of "you really got me" with my 1976 Destroyer and while trying to get that cool toggle effect at the end of the solo, I made a rather interesting discovery. On the original recording by Edward it appears that as Ed hits the toggle, the note begins to feed back and change dynamically. I never wanted to do this song with the POD because there is no way to get feedback for this very potent portion of the solo. The first couple times that I tried the toggle part, I was of course disappointed. The last time I tried it I noticed that there was an over tone. On the next take I really gave the toggle a strong shake and that over tone (like the record) rang out clean as a bell! On the next take the toggle post broke and that ended that. Well I thought that, a toggle is a toggle, so I went out and bought another "three-way box switch" and put it in. No matter how hard I hit that toggle, that overtone never made an appearance. I went back to the old toggle and drilled out the post and screwed in a wood-screw and it worked again. Before I put it back in I made a sample of the sound of the new toggle and after I put in the old one I made another sample. This isn't some phantom nuance that I am obsessing over because you can clearly hear, in the second clip, what I am talking about.
So there it is, another bit of useless information from me regarding something nobody cares about (or should care about). Give me a break, the Fiance' is away so I've got some time to kill!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
The second part seems to start to feedback and produce more overtones a bit more than the first IMO. Is that the point you are making?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VHfanOU812 said:
The second part seems to start to feedback and produce more overtones a bit more than the first IMO. Is that the point you are making?
Yes Yes Yes!!!!:devilchil

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
strat78 said:
Yes Yes Yes!!!!:devilchil
Ya know....I just tried to do that exact thing with my Les Paul and it won't do it right.....sounds like your first clip.:upset:

Maybe I just need to crank it up louder.:toothless

1 - 4 of 4 Posts