Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since the Slipknot seemed to go over well I decided to finish and post this, Leper Messiah. I did the guitars and vox again. I did it all in 2 days so it's full of clams but it turned out pretty cool. I went for their older hot-rodded Marshall tone instead of their newer Mesa sizzle. Solo is mostly improv since I couldn't remember how it went! :D Turn it up and enjoy!! :rock:

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Nice man! The tone was sweet .....funny I was going to do this one here over the weeekend ....but now I will bow out ha ha.

I liked the Vox they have improved from your last post (slipknot) in this particular recording you seemed a bit more confident. I know it is a different singing style than slipknot but I can hear your confidence in this one.

Good job indeed dude!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
great tight and heavy guitar tone... great vocals as well!... i love the aggressive tone in ur voice.. great job!!!!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
ooo i forgot to comment on the solo.. its really nice.. great tone for the solo as well.. i like the way u added chromatic notes and some really nice notes not in the standard pentatonic scales. its very nice... rivals kirk's original solo hehehe... great job :thumb:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO some Puppets era Tallica, hell yeah, this sounds fkin killa, awesome job Supercharged!!! :thumb: :thumb: :rock: :rock:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Now that is some sexay Tallica!!....Great job indeed...Love that tone of yours..and your vox fkin rox :thumb:

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
This was the first song that peaked my interest in Metallica. Great rendition. The leadwork was especially good compared with the original. I have jacked around with playing this song to a backer, but you've REALLY jacked around with playing this song. :p Great job. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Very good tone IMO.
The backing is pretty good too.

Funny thing: your voice sounds a lot like Rob Halford. I don't know if you hit high notes, but your vox sounds very Priest.
I'd love to hear you sing some Priest!

·
Yeah, so what?
1,562 Posts
Mean playing there, nice one, it sounded very good :thumb:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts