Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The first clip is an SD EVH in an Epiphone Korina Explorer. The second clip is an old Mighty Mite Super Distortion in my 1978 Distroyer. The EVH is a bit shrill but has a nice tight low end. The Mighty Mite is creamy but the low end is a little spungy. The third clip is my trusty 1976 Destroyer with the stock Super 70 pickup. The last clip is my Epi Explorer (for sale on ebay for a total steel). The second to last clip was done with a 1977 stock Ibanez Destroyer (it is three pounds lighter than my 76 Destroyer).

·
Registered
622 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!! Your tone and technique are right on money bro. :bowdown:

I've heard practically every VH piece you've covered on this site and all of them are excellent - this is just another fine example of your incredible talent. Kudos! :icon_thum

—Raven

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Jesus Strat......what a guitar!!!
And that mighty playing of yours does no hurt either :icon_thum :D
Awesome.

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Holy Moly Strat! you are the master of vh and tone and all man! That explorer of yours sounds mint! awesome toneage!!! great chops and playing too man! killer cover!!!!:rock: :rock: :thumb:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks so much guys. It took a long time to get the vibe right in the main riff, plus there are little slides tucked in all over the place which gives it that cool momentum.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks again everybody. Thanks for the photo Wahwah, I thought you had one of those Destroyers at one time.
On another note, I was just about ready to ditch the PODxt because I was not getting a good clean low E string crunch. I finally turned the Middle down to 2 and the low end seemed to tightened up nicely. There is still a metallic twang when the low string is played without a slight muffling. Perhaps I should 86 the brass nut?

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
strat78 said:
Thanks again everybody. Thanks for the photo Wahwah, I thought you had one of those Destroyers at one time.
On another note, I was just about ready to ditch the PODxt because I was not getting a good clean low E string crunch. I finally turned the Middle down to 2 and the low end seemed to tightened up nicely. There is still a metallic twang when the low string is played without a slight muffling. Perhaps I should 86 the brass nut?
It's close mate...but your getting a bit 'anal' now!!!! :laugh: They'll be digging the hole in the ground and you'll pop up and say, 'ONE more crack at it-just one!!'

:thumb:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wahwah said:
It's close mate...but your getting a bit 'anal' now!!!! :laugh: They'll be digging the hole in the ground and you'll pop up and say, 'ONE more crack at it-just one!!'

:thumb:
I know, I know but these things gnaws away at me like a relentless rat!:toothless

1 - 20 of 50 Posts