Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
by this i mean , buy the thing, one listen and its a coaster to set your coffee mug on, i can list a few, why dont you add some yourselves and tell us why it wasnt worth a second listening.

Flick of the Switch ...AC/DC 1983, dismal affair, coming off the back of the albums that preceeded it , i think flick was one of the greatest anti-climax albums of our times.

Amongst the Living ..Anthrax, sorry, outta tune singing, terrible guitar tones and instantly forgettable tunes from start to end.

St Anger.........Metallica, hang your heads in shame metallica, thats all i can say about this one, breaks my heart to think thats the same band that recorded ride the lightning.

Hysteria ..........Def Leppard, the transition from a bona fide rock band (high and dry, pyromania) to a background music in a womans hair salon band came as quite a shock.

Theatre of Pain ............Motley Crue, the lowest point in this bands entire career.

theres a few gems, add some please.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
This would most likely do better in the Bands forum, so I'm moving it there now.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
hmmm i tend to choose albums carefully .. but i could say Deep Purple - Anthems ... utter shite . dont see the big deal about the purple to be honest lol . much better bands from the past that are far and away better than deep purple

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
cryptic writings-megadeth booooooooooooooorring
compared to their previous efforts. I am glad to say i was smart enough not to buy st.anger after hearing one song from it.

G

·
I thought Cryptic Writings was a dynamic, inspiring piece of work. The songs were great, and had appeal beyond the "Metal" Crow.

But yeah, I'll have to agree about St. Anger. I actually bought it, but now I only watch the DVD it came with. I lost the CD and don't really care...that album was horrible...trash can drums, insipid and uncreative riffs, and just overall crappy songs from a band that can do better than that...

As much as I like Incubus I think A Crow Left of the Murder is way too inconsistant to be as good as either Morning View or Make Yourself. The album is good, don't get me wrong, but it seems too random. I've honestly only listened to it the whole way through about once. After that, it's been collecting dust among my other albums...

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I don't know about one listen albums I have bought (I have dl'ed a few that only got the one listen
) I have bought plenty of one song albums though.

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Riff Addict said:
Metallica - St. Anger..well 2 listens to be fair. Pure Crap.

AC/DC - Fly on the Wall...very disappointed. I thought Flick of the switch was better actually.

Kiss - Revenge...that one was a Stinker.

Queensryche -Tribe....Not the ryche I know and love.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I actually liked Revenge "I got a body built for sin and an appetite for passion...."

G

·
[ QUOTE ]
biggus dikkus said:

Hysteria ..........Def Leppard, the transition from a bona fide rock band (high and dry, pyromania) to a background music in a womans hair salon band came as quite a shock.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey man, your entitled to your opinion, sure thats fine... but in my eyes hysteria was DEF'S best album!!!

how many hits did it contain??
-rocket
-animal
-pour some sugar on me
-armageddon it
-hysteria

especialy as it was the album after the drummer lost one arm, very epic.. and awesome never the less.

i was watching a docco on this album, and the lead singer was talking about how he was always telling the drummer to stop playing technical, and bring it down a bit... then he lost his arm...
he had a good laugh about it, and it all turned out well... except the losing of an arm i spose

·
Registered
886 Posts
Bon Jovi - This left feels right. This is a remake of some of their classic hits but done in a different style. It sounds like they are trying to be different and jazzy but it just sounds like pretentious crap to me. I love Bon Jovi but this album is just quite dull and nothing spectacular.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would also have to say Bon Jovi THis Left Fells Right. Just an album I thought would have a different approach to it. All the songs seemed to be made to be love songs when they were never made to be that. I gave it one listen and just could not handle it anymore.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts