Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just posted another track at my soundclick page, White Knight.

Normally I don't bother other people with it, but I do progress as a guitarplayer and wanted to let others hear it.

Yeah, I know I am not that great
, but it is my first attemp to play more then just one note per second.
This is my first recording with my brand new JB humbucker in my EPI LP Zakk Wylde.
That is a good thing. The bad thing is that I still use my Digitech (still saving for a POD he?).

See if you dare...:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/r...itarismusic.htm

Be kind for me, he?

Rocker_71

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The guitar tone sounds good to me. While a POD might be desireable, your present gear is still worthwhile.

One note per second is an interesting way to think about the speed at which you play. Most songs are measured in beats per minute and a lot of rock songs tend to be anywhere in between 100 bpm to 200 bpm. The slowest rate would translate to about a note and 2/3 per second. Of course if you just played quarter notes at one pitch per measure, you could probably easily maintain the higher speed: e.g.; do-do-do-do, re-re-re-re, mi-mi-mi-mi, la-la-la-la, ti-ti-ti-ti, etc.

The song you posted sounds like a good fingering exercise, keep doing that and the example I gave and you should find yourself improving quickly from day to day and week to week.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tanx that you found the sound cool. It is a rather unpolished thing, but for the moment it is the best I can.
I still have to learn soooo much. This track comes forth from a self made legato exercise.
I was a little stoned and messing around and thought it sounded kind of cool. So I pushed 'record'.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tanx you guys.

I was a little nervous how all you pals would react on my track.

Look, if you post a killer track, there is nothing to fear.
But this was just a beginner thingy, but I had for the first time the feeling that I was playing guitar! That's why I posted it.

A long way I have to travel, but I will keep on marching!

Your reactions are very motivating for me.

Peace!
Rocker_71

1 - 5 of 5 Posts