Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some friends and I have begun working on tunes to hopefully record an album worth of songs. Here is a sample of Now That Your Gone.
Im pretty impressed with the recording quality so far. Its recorded on an MBox into my Apple G4. Pete's singing is a scratch track for now as is the bass, which I screwed up on. The acoustics are my martin D-28 miced with an Audio Technics 3035 and a Shure Sm-57. The effects are some verb and compressor to even out the guitar. This week Sean will add the drums and I'll redo the bass, as well as add some electric and maybe piano. Let me know what you think?
Thanks
Bill "Sweeps":D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sweeps, Gary here (Texas Axe). Thanks for the comments and advice. Nice song and great recording. Now I know what you mean.

I will try strummign an acoustic over my picked rhythm. Mine was done in 25 minutes and i just put it up raw.

i need a good vocal mic. WHat are you using to record, you said M-. is that the m-Audio interface? Let me knwo please.

Nice picking and nice song. I enjoyed it.

Gary:icon_thum

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was recorded with my Digidesign MBox into a G4 mac. The mic pre's are from a mackie v1202 mixer. I plug everything into it and then out the mains to the Mbox. This way I dont have to plug and unplug stuff into the Mbox. I simply mute/unmute tracks on the mixer. I alos used a ART Tubepre in the effects loop on the mixer to give alittle warmth to the lead breaks. If you can swing it I would get the MBox. It comes with plenty of plugins and the mic pres are very good in it. Again you need a good mic too. In the other thread I pasted in Musiciansfriend's mic page. I saw it had 2 stereo condensors for 120ish. That would be great on the acoustic!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts