Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Outta Love Again clip...

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  jacob5150 
#1 ·
hey everyone...i haven't been on this site much at all ever since school started...freaking takes up your time like no other....but i managed to get some time today to jam...and made a " brown sound" on my DigiTech GNX3....i'd love comments on how i did with the sound more than my playing,lol...i just learned this song today..so thats why i faded it out at the solo

See less See more
#2 ·
This was awesome Jacob, love the tone man, great job!

G
#3 ·
Well, I guess that you haven't been that eager to copy his sound if you try to do it on a digitech. But that doesn't take any credit away for doing it anyway. However, I really do belive that you need to go and buy yourself a plexi ( I'm sure that a lot of people like digitech, I'm just not one of'em ).
Here's what you can achieve with such a fine amp:
http://www.guitars101.com/webs/basic/ralle500/index.html
Go to Mixdown. It's the same song

#4 ·
Hey Jacob,

Nice tone, but it sounds a bit too overdriven IMHO. Try bringing the drive down a little - much (or all) of the early VH didn't have that kind of high-gain distortion - it's a little more subtle like you'd get from the plex, like Ralle mentions above. Very nice playing - by the way.

#12 ·
thanks a lot Mandy,glad you enjoyed it

i dunno how much i'm ganna be on here..i no longer have the internet at my house, my dad took away our modem because i was " spending too much time on it" , what else does a 17 year old do besides sitting in front of the computer playing guitar?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.