Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey gang, let's try something. maybe it will be cool. Maybe it won't. The objective.....play "Panama" using your wah-wah pedal through the whole song. One track ( maybe two, tops, if you're into harmonizing). Don't worry about perfection or producing a studio masterpiece. Just hit record, step on the wah pedal, and jam it out in a one-take kinda fashion, then throw it up here. Might be interesting to hear different people's wah-wah techniques. Attached is mine.

Attachments

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had to bump this. Damn, there sure are a lot of people posting stuff these days. I posted this last night before I went to bed and I get up this morning and it is already down on the second page! Oh well, I guess too many is better than not enough. :icon_peac

Anyone wanna have a go at this???

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
That's a pretty crazy rendition. It's fun, man! It reminds me very much of Satrinai's tone and wahwah vibe... Very well done!

Let's keep this thread up and hear what other peeps come up with.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vintage_brat said:
Heres mine KC.... and this is all your fault man. one take. no edits. just goin with it..... I lowered the bar for the rest of you on this one.. you can thank me later for that.. lol.
Alright Keith, well you definitely embody the spirit of what this thread is supposed to be about. If anybody is wondering how to approach this exercise, refer to Keith's post. Just hit record and jam it out. Although my only complaint about this recording is that i was kinda hoping for a bit more expressiveness in the wah pedal. But your tone was crispy and you maintained high energy level throughout. I would say you might stand another week of learning/practicing the song were you to try and record a serious version of it, but on the other side of the coin, I particularly liked the solo section. Kudos for being the first one to step up to the plate. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Thanks KC.... I knew if i didnt do something with it now id procrastinate till sometime in the next century. was fun to do.. had 7 year old son here coaching me and singing along.....

I figure its only a tune.... may as well have fun with it...
If anything it will give some one a reason to give it a shot knowing they can blow this one away...
VB

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any other brave souls wanna throw down on this tune?
As you can tell from THE ONLY TWO PARTICIPANTS SO FAR (me and VB), this is not an attempt to get into GIT. Let me re-satte the parameters one more time....

1. Download provided BT (which is a really good version, BTW).
2. Hit "record"
3. Step on your wah pedal a bunch of times while you play something remotely similar to "Panama"
4. Hit "stop" when the song ends.
5. Throw it up here on G101.

Come on gang, this could be fun! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
How about if I scat the solo using a wah pedal? LOL, just kidding. This is cool, I like the different takes on it from both of you.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VanMan2000 said:
How about if I scat the solo using a wah pedal? LOL, just kidding. This is cool, I like the different takes on it from both of you.
Hey, there are no rules here, VM. If you gots a mic and a wah pedal, go nutty!
I'd kinda like to hear "We're running a littl ebit hot tonight.....I can barely see the road, fromthe heat coming off of it........I reach down....between my legs......n'easy the seat back...." through the wah. Could be cool. Definitely discouraging any sense of competition here, so no pressure. Just something fun to do.
:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
vintage_brat said:
Heres mine KC.... and this is all your fault man. one take. no edits. just goin with it..... I lowered the bar for the rest of you on this one.. you can thank me later for that.. lol.
Lowered the bar my ass! I like the raw feel of this one. I dug it. I might try some vocals over top.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
:lol:

Well, I now know I can't play with a wahwah patch, even though it is just an Auto-Wah function, and I also now know I can't play this fucking song...

But I knew that anyway ! Think of someone running who trips up but somehow manages to only just keep their balance whilst arms are flying and windmilling just to maintain some sort of balance.... well that's me on this song.

But it was a great idea and who am I to pass a challenge...

Now I will listen to these guys efforts and hang my head in shame for posting such a comedy version in comparison

1 - 20 of 67 Posts