Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't ask me why I started calling this one Pancakes, but it was a working title that never went away. It's actually got NOTHING to do with Pancakes. It's a happy little ditty about selling out your own heart. Check out the lyrics forum for the lyrics if you're interested. (They'll be up shortly) I put together some music and vocals and Wiz tore the roof off the fucker as usual. He never ceases to amaze me and the solo on here is one of the best I've ever heard him do.
Give the man his props, Wiz always delivers. :jam:

"Nobody Beats The Wiz"

Lyrics: http://www.guitars101.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29648

Attachments

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
As always it was a pleasure workin with the famous Toastmaster on this.. this one stretched me beyond my creative ablilites... you did an awsome job on the composition and the lyrics BoB as usual... and your voice set a mood to this one that was top notch...:thumb:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was killa guys (in best DLR voice) and the hits just keep a coming lol, awesome job guys this kicked ass!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
mmmmm pancakes with extra syrup!!!:yumyum: ..anyways enough about food..lol...you guys seem to be putting out amazing tunes all around!!!..The lyrics are killa..love the darkness to them and bob your voice brings em out so amazingly...don killa job with the axe as always...you guys sure make a great team like pancakes and syrup...hehehe....Fantastic!!:thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Much appreciated boss. And it's always great when the Mistress of Badassness stops in for a visit. ;)

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Excellent guysssssssssssss :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Great lyrics ! Great guitar ... what more can ya ask for !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Mowing us down with the jams guys...but what a way to go!!! i think a CD from you guys would be outstanding!! There are certain colab groups I really look forward to. You them. :icon_thum :icon_thum Love the "funky shuffle" thing Don threw in-between on guitar..:afro:

·
Registered
574 Posts
WOW...

This was tremendous. I'm going to go look for more posts and have a listen.

Ok... so Toast did the vox... I like the sound of your voice... excellent job.

And wiz on leads... I loved it... and was pleasantly surprised by the "Shaft" sounds. I wanna play like that...

The composition rocked... I'm impressed.

Janell

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
This one is really ambitious and it pays off with great performances and production work. Double golds stars for the hardest working duo at G101!!

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
:icon_peac Kickass stuff from the powerduo.
Very intense playing and singing....hehe all that food talk about music;)
Had am almost Billy Idol feel at places.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts