Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..Me and Axl and Slash decided to get together today...:sap: ...LOL..Anyways I thought I would give this a go...My favorite song from G N R:D

·
Registered
733 Posts
greeeeaattt job mandy my friend! :D you sounded awesome on the last part. :rock: spot on. :thumb:

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Axl has nothing on you!! Much more musical imo. I actually met Slash at a party and he was the most drunken bastard in the room!!! I actually thought the bottle of Jack Daniels he was drinking was tea water or something, but he fell asleep in front of the P.A. What a site he was!! I have pictures too to prove it. He was hillarious!! Great job on this tune!! :rock: (no disrespect to Slash, but perhaps it was an off night for him).

·
Registered
299 Posts
hey this song is a personal fav. of mine .enjoyed listening to it.

rain , you can use the air in your voice very well :icon_thum like in '' i'm still alright to ----SMILE----......." thats awsome......your voice is very nice and you sing with dynamics ,,,,to my ears you were a tiny 'lil bit off on a few words ,mostly on the F i think... as the song reaches about 3:15 your voice really takes off and its just beautiful , sounds awsome and reaches where its supposed to be , that last part is hard to get (i've "tried" to cover this one before .lol), but i dont think i could ever get that last part as beautiful and perfect as you did.keep up the good work , :icon_peac

·
Registered
120 Posts
im sorry to be the bad guy...

but i didnt like your singing.
i find your singing very monotonic. you stay on the same scale throughout the whole song and it becomes really boring to hear for the listener. and i felt everytime you had to hit a high note you went out of pitch.

youre like an unpolished diamond.
you have a beautiful singing voice and with some instruction from a pro teacher you can get very far.

Rain, please take this as constructive criticizm and nothing else.

goodluck.
Rakun.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Wow this was AWESOME, it is one of my fav GnR tunes, I soo loved it my Mandy Love, soo ditto, AWESOME job!! :thumb: :thumb: I sooo hope you got me an autograph toooo lol :D

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
wowwwwww I honestly think that you do this better at singing than axl ever has done! excellent stuff mandy!!:rock: :rock: :thumb:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for the great comments and support:thumb:

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Another GREAT post Mandy,,, haven't been on much got a slinter in my left index finger:shock: so I just started playing again last nite!!!! Guess it affected my hearing too :D

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sling Shot said:
Another GREAT post Mandy,,, haven't been on much got a slinter in my left index finger:shock: so I just started playing again last nite!!!! Guess it affected my hearing too :D
..Thanks for listening Slingy...Splinters are no fun at all..Get that finger better hun!:icon_thum

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you gibson!:thumb:

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
i thought it was really good. you were really representin on the last part.

whoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
I think this was a good rendition of the song, a few off notes is going to happen but I guarantee that Mandy put 110% into the song. It seems like you have made some good strides to trying to keep in key even in parts that might be a bit outside of your vocal range. Keep practicing and exploring with that vocal range!!!

Thumbs up here.

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
So now I know why Axel has been hiding out for so long, he knew you were coming out with this and couldn't face the competition. Excellent job, keep em coming dear.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys!:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts