Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J5N2Q0Z7

I somehow found 3 tickets in the cheap seats (best part of a hundred quid each) for this show which sold out in seconds, but Macca certainly gave value for money. 36 songs over nearly 3 solid hours on stage, it was practically a dream setlist. The sound was incredible for a venue of that size. Up high & at the back, there was no unwanted echo or reverb. It was a lovely dry sound, more like the Hammy Odeon or Sheppy Empire than the ex-Dome. Even better, the audience were mostly well behaved with very little in the way of unwanted noise.

Enjoy!

Paul McCartney - London O2 Arena, December 22nd, 2009.

Disc 1

01 - Magical Mystery Tour
02 - Drive My Car
03 - Jet
04 - Only Mama Knows
05 - Flaming Pie
06 - Got To Get You Into My Life
07 - Let Me Roll It-Foxey Lady
08 - Talk-Jimi Hendrix
09 - Highway
10 - The Long & Winding Road
11 - I Want To Come Home
12 - My Love
13 - Blackbird
14 - Talk-Signs
15 - Here Today
16 - Dance Tonight
17 - And I Love Her
18 - Eleanor Rigby
19 - Leaning On A Lampost-Something
20 - Mrs Vanderbilt

Disc 2

21 - Sing The Changes
22 - Wonderful Christmastime
23 - Band On The Run
24 - Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da
25 - Back In The USSR
26 - I've Got A Feeling
27 - Paperback Writer
28 - A Day In The Life_Give Peace A Chance
29 - Let It Be
30 - Live And Let Die
31 - Hey Jude

Disc 3

32 - Day Tripper
33 - Lady Madonna
34 - Get Back
35 - Crowd
36 - Yesterday
37 - Mull Of Kintyre
38 - Helter Skelter
39 - Thank you's
40 - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) _ The End

Recorded by Tratty using Skytronic tie-clip mic. Transferred to Pioneer stand-alone CD recorder, then as wav to p.c.>Audacity>
divided into wav tracks>SBE's fixed with Trader's Little Helper, converted to FLAC using FLAC Frontend, level 8.
Zipped & uploaded to megaupload & posted on Guitars 101 8-1-10.

Share anywhere you want, in any format you want, but never sell!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
I am a complete novice. That link says the file is temporarily unavailable.
Can you say why that might be?
Thank you
Annie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Help Required

Hi, I have already posted one reply but now I can't see it.
I am a complete novice, I heard about this site on another forum but I dont really understand much about it. I would love to hear this but it says that link is temporarily unavailable.
Can you say why that might be?
Thank you
Annie

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Thanks for this - great sound quality. I know what you mean about being in the £100 cheap seats. We got "02 Priority" thinking they would be good (idiots) - when we got there we were knocked for 6 as our seats were row S - ie the very last row high up on the side of the stage - aboe the lighing rig. Couldn't see the back projection screens because of all the lights etc. I was really annoyed before the show started. Macca did a good job - but not enough to stop us walking out of the most expensive show we'd ever been to after Hey Jude. Real shame. Many thanks for posting this, once I get over that, I'll start enjoying it. I've had a quick listen and its a good recording.
Cheers
StuArt

·
Registered
8 Posts
What I've been waiting for!

THANK YOU! I was there too and loved it. I've already found the DVD online but I also wanted to have an audio record of a great night. Cheers.:tu:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, for those that have already asked or may be curious, the Good Evening London DVD can be found at www.ioffer.com. Footage is taken from various angles and is a little rough, but the sound is very good. Happy hunting!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi there,

a simple question: what is the sound quality rating for this recording?

thanks in advance for your answer,
best, Kike :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts