Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Quadruple thumbs up for this great recording! Part of this rating is sentimental/nostalgic and the other part is because of your actual performance and the recording quality. This is one of the first 3 songs that I can recall hearing when I was a little kid. My oldest brother, who is 18 years older than me, gave me a small collection of out-dated (for him, at the time) 45 rpm records (around 1976, I was 5 years old) and this was one of them. Somewhere, I still have a cassette tape of me singing this tune when i was about 10 years old. But regarding your performance and recording quality, you did a great job! I wish i had a singing voice even remotely as good as yours. Instead I was apparently given the gift of comedic/impersonation skills, which are great at parties, but I would gladly trade them in for the ability to sing well. Anyways, great tone on the acoustic guitar and it sounded like there was some subtle electric guitar also mixed in there. Great dynamics and back-up harmonies. Enjoyed this very much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts