1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paul Simon -
Random Shows,
1964-2006

For the last 10 months or so I have been receiving a overwhelming amount shows in trade from my friend MauroR.

Background on my friend. He is a longtime collector and taper of shows who has amassed a rather large collection on both tape and CD, in addition to the stuff that is digital. He has been kind enough to share parts of his collection with others including myself, with the idea of getting some of this stuff back out into the collecting world.

Some of what he has sent me is in this untracked wav format, each track being the side of a tape or a CD. They are otherwise untouched and I have no details on their lineage. I wish I had the time and/or talent to actually split these shows the proper collecting way, and then convert them to flac before I shared them with you. I know there are some folks out there who are able to do so, it is just not possible for me to do.

So far I have done this for The Band, Van Morrison, Paul McCartney, and David Bowie, Sting, with others coming. Please feel free to track, edit, or do what you want with them, That would be his wish. If you have the ability to track them and clean them up more, please share the post with the rest of the community. Please just dont sell them.......

https://tinyurl.com/Paul-Simon-Wav

:woot2::woot2:

Final note, If he sends more I will add them to this file.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Thank you kindly. As I did with the Van Morrison archive from Mauro, I will compare these to what I have in my collection. So far, it looks like the Rotterdam 1987 share is a fairly rare audience recording in VG quality. I recommend that one to Paul Simon fans out there, especially since there don't seem to be that many 1987 live recordings in circulation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts