Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
I want to buy a PC based guitar course. I've done a lot of research and the more i read the more conflicting reviews I find.

If you have used guitar lesson software and liked the product please share.

Please no opinions from anyone who is selling the product! I've found plenty of those on the forum and ofcourse they're all good. :grin:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Simple- Guitar Pro. Find your favorite songs, learn o play with Guitar Pro. Music courses if new to guitar will most likely bore you. They may also teach you theory a little too soon imo which for some guitarists, might limit what you do because it takes away from the grey area between the right and wrong way to play. Now dont get me wrong, music theory is very important, and if your truly interested than grab any book that doesnt look like it will bore you like one with lots of pictures or tabs. If music notation bores you, stay away from books that teach using music notation.

The important part is to have fun. To master guitar, its all about repetition. Once you learn some songs and can move around the neck abit try learning some basic chord theory and memorize a few scales. Just go at your own pace and if you bore yourself, take a break from the learning and just play.

Thats my opinion. Guitar lessons wont make you a good guitarist. They may show you a few tricks and alot of times make you think you learned something, but the only way to really learn is to just play. Find a song, or make one up and play it over and over and over again and experiment with different ways of holding frets and picking until you master the song, then move on to the next

1 - 2 of 2 Posts